Getting Forum search results in date order

Started by Buzzard, September 29, 2015, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzard

Did a search a while back, for something I'd seen a few days previously but couldn't remember which thread it was in, and got at least 15 pages worth of results.  The results were in a completely random order date-wise and after looking through about half of the pages I gave up.

Would it be possible to get the search function to return results in newest first, oldest last order?  I know I'd find it helpful as might others.

Nigel

Pengi

If you use the search option on the menu, in bold type and turns orange after you click on it, there is a search order drop-down box that will allow you to get the most recent results first
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Buzzard

Quote from: Pengi on September 29, 2015, 10:11:02 AM
If you use the search option on the menu, in bold type and turns orange after you click on it, there is a search order drop-down box that will allow you to get the most recent results first

:thankyousign:

I've been using the search that's just below the Forum header hence my rather silly question :-[

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Buzzard on September 29, 2015, 01:08:24 PM
Quote from: Pengi on September 29, 2015, 10:11:02 AM

:thankyousign:

I've been using the search that's just below the Forum header hence my rather silly question :-[
Ah ! !
That makes two of us :)
I been wondering the same for yonks now !

dannyboy

That makes two of us :)
I been wondering the same for yonks now !

There are at least three of us  :doh: :-[ :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Tank

The search bar at the top is basically a 'quick search', with no fancy settings.  Handy for something if you have a few specific words to search for (a header of a layout thread for instance, which may have unique names), which would give a few answers. 

The 'Search' button on the menu is for more detailed searches, and perhaps if you're searching for a single word that may bring up many different answers.  It has different settings which would help to break down the search.

I hope that makes sense! :-X

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations