British fire engine for a British layout?

Started by 1936ace, December 06, 2012, 01:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Have two Dennis fire engines for sale if anyone wants some proper British fire protection for their home layouts. Moving from property to the city so won't have the acre size sheds anymore.
1953 Dennis f1 and a 1936 Dennis ace
Thanks bart

upnick

1936ace

They sure are and are in full working condition. my "shed" has the fire engines in the front bays and zac's train room is at the back. i also had a 1969 dennis but have since let her go to a railway museum

bart

daveg

Really daft question Bart but are these full sized red beasts or N gauge models?! :D

Could get the little ones upstairs fine but may struggle getting a full size machine through the front door!

Dave G

1936ace

Hey Dave,
They are 12 inches to the foot. Imported from Dennis bros by the nsw fire brigades in 1936 and 1953. I have the full history of the appliances and even have the original motor appliance book the day it was " handed over" to the first station. I have all the bits and pieces so both are fully stowed, I have even driven the F1 to sydney and back for a show 195km each way so they are good strong runners. The pommy wife lives inside but the important pommy fire engines, n gauge trains and the big 5 inch gauge trains live in a custom garage. It looks good on google earth.
I will give the new owner plenty of current and period turn out gear so they can look the part
So , how about then. :laugh:
Bart

daveg

As I feared, that scale is just a tad too much for the doors and stairs here in frosty Sevenoaks.

I think the postage from NSW may be a wee bit pricey too and we must also think of the poor old postie's back with heavy parcels!

Do hope you find a good home for what sound great machines, Hope your move goes OK as well.

Cheers   :beers:

Dave G

woodbury22uk

Bart

Do you have a way into the British preservation movement in case there is a buyer with deep pockets over here?

Mike
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

1936ace

Hi Mike,
I have sent an email to a gentleman in the north of England who is very well respected in all things Dennis and fire engines in general, so hopefully if no one on this side of the pond wants a fun toy maybe it might make it back home.
Fingers crossed!
Thanks Bart

1936ace

Update on the fire engines.

Looks like they are gone so another chapter shall close. Interstate buyers flying in this friday so if all goes well? it will be a sad day :'(

im sure they will be loved just as much as i when i had them.

So since a new child arrived at the same time a fire engine did and now the fire engine are gone on e by one, does that mean i can off load the kids?

oh well i think i will just have to buy something to cheer me up. Suggestions anyone :D
bart?

1936ace

Sorry Dave G,

No need for you to upgrade the stairs to get the two Dennis fire engines into the train room.

The 1953F1 went today and the interstate guy is flying in tomorrow for the 1936Ace. And if he decides no on seeing it, the guy that bought the F1 just rang to say he will have the ace as well.

So after having them since 1997 and 2001 I will have empty 12.5 by 7.5 garage space. I will really miss the Ace as it was the first truck and I brought her back to life with the help of dad and Nicole's grandpa.
:'( :'(
Bart

Tank

Sorry to hear that you've had to sell them.  At least it sounds like they're going to good homes.  I think you should get some Ozzy armour next.  An old M113 or something from WW2.  :)

daveg

Ah, never mind, Bart!

Always sad when you lose special bits of kit but glad they've gone to good homes.

I still miss my brilliant old XJ40, 'Jeremy', that was stolen. Beautiful machine. Stolen for breaking up as worth loads more in bits, darn their rotten hides!

Hope you find something wondrous to fill the gap.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations