1/144 Thunderbird 2

Started by mickeyflinn, March 20, 2017, 08:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeyflinn

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/build-thunderbird-2/?_ga=1.65393134.1534256398.1477734623

Been waiting for this for over a year (since it was released in Japan).
I know it's expensive, but the Takara Thunderbird 2 that it is based on goes for around £700 on eBay, and this kit includes an extra pod and most (if not all) of the support vehicles.
It's almost N gauge too.... :bounce:

ChrisWV10

8.99 for 98 issues!  :o I need a lie down....

austinbob

And when its finished, where abouts on your layout is it going?
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

themadhippy

whats the betting issues 27 and 42 dont arrive and then it goes out of print at issue 83
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

NeMo

If that's too rich, check out your latest T J Maxx. Recently got my daughter the "Supersize Thunderbird 2" for £13 there. She keeps wanting to play with my old (1970s) Star Wars toys, so figured a "daddy toy" just for her would be wise! She is, after all, barely 2 years old. It's a pretty cool toy, with mini action figures, lots of working play features, and the various interactive sounds that operate when you do certain things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunderbirds-Supersize-Thunderbird-Action-Figure/dp/B00U9O5QZG

They also had the additional vehicles for the pod, priced at about £10, but figured they'd be broken in no time, so didn't bother. She does like her "daddy toy" though, and it's pleasingly rugged if you hide away the bite-sized action figures.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

austinbob

Quote from: themadhippy on March 20, 2017, 09:07:11 PM
whats the betting issues 27 and 42 dont arrive and then it goes out of print at issue 83
Actually deagostini are pretty good. I managed to get the complete set of steam DVD and books collection. I think that was over a period of around 4 years. Complete set and no missing issues. :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

mickeyflinn

Quote from: austinbob on March 20, 2017, 09:04:59 PM
Not really sure as I haven't got a proper layout yet.
I've already got a Thunderbird 1 in the same scale (Christmas present from my daughter) and thats about 180mm long.
The Thunderbird 2 is 540mm long so it's not a small model!!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: mickeyflinn on March 20, 2017, 09:31:22 PM
Quote from: austinbob on March 20, 2017, 09:04:59 PM
Not really sure as I haven't got a proper layout yet.
I've already got a Thunderbird 1 in the same scale (Christmas present from my daughter) and thats about 180mm long.
The Thunderbird 2 is 540mm long so it's not a small model!!

the big question is

It has a driver but does the guard close the POD?

PeteW

I'm awfully tempted, but it's a bit too rich for me. I do have, in my collection of unbuilt model kits, a set of Thunderbirds 1, 2, 3 and 4 from Imai, imported from Japan at some expense around 10-12 years ago. Which reminds me, I must setup a subscribed search on eBay for Thunderbird 5. Got to have the complete set, after all.

Steamie+

Quote from: austinbob on March 20, 2017, 09:17:22 PM
Quote from: themadhippy on March 20, 2017, 09:07:11 PM
Actually deagostini are pretty good. I managed to get the complete set of steam DVD and books collection. I think that was over a period of around 4 years. Complete set and no missing issues. :beers:

That's brilliant Bob, hope they do a reissue of it, anything i can get my hands on about steam will do for me and my very limited knowledge about trains will be all the better for it.      :beers: :beers: :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations