The end of the world is ....... er.... now!

Started by daffy, April 23, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

yes folks, the end of the world is now! :o

Or at least the end begins today the 23rd April 2018. If you dwell in the antipodes then, I'm sorry, but this warning has arrived too late and you all began your journey into oblivion a few hours ago.

It seems the planet Nibaru is due to begin the great catastrophe when the mythical planet appears (it's been hiding somewhere beyond Neptune apparently), triggering the onset of World War Three, the rise of the Antichrist, and seven years of tribulation (if the latter means seven years of watching continuous world-wide broadcasts of that Star Trek episode with all those pesky furry critters in it, then euthanasia may be called for within a few days).

Whatever. Anyway, apparently it's been on the cards ever since someone wrote the Book of Revelation, whenever that was, but it was a long time ago I think, so none of us can say we didn't see it coming.

So, I'd just like to say, it's been a fun time here on the Forum good old planet Earth.

Anyway, I'm off to play with my trains for the remaining two hours of my pre-apocalypse life, because maybe there will be no electricity soon. I can think of other things to do at a time like this but my wife says she's got a headache, so trains it is.

P.S. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how it all turns out. 

Or maybe not. :confused1:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

:laughabovepost: Does that mean I do not have to go to work tomorrow night? If I do end up going, I will tune in to see how the apocalypse affected you Daffy. If I don't go and there is no electricity - it has been nice knowing you.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

Snowwolflair

Quote from: daffy on April 23, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

Or at least the end begins today the 23rd April 2018. If you dwell in the antipodes then, I'm sorry, but this warning has arrived too late and you all began your journey into oblivion a few hours ago.

It seems the planet Nibaru is due to begin the great catastrophe when the mythical planet appears (it's been hiding somewhere beyond Neptune apparently), triggering the onset of World War Three, the rise of the Antichrist, and seven years of tribulation (if the latter means seven years of watching continuous world-wide broadcasts of that Star Trek episode with all those pesky furry critters in it, then euthanasia may be called for within a few days).

Whatever. Anyway, apparently it's been on the cards ever since someone wrote the Book of Revelation, whenever that was, but it was a long time ago I think, so none of us can say we didn't see it coming.

So, I'd just like to say, it's been a fun time here on the Forum good old planet Earth.

Anyway, I'm off to play with my trains for the remaining two hours of my pre-apocalypse life, because maybe there will be no electricity soon. I can think of other things to do at a time like this but my wife says she's got a headache, so trains it is.

The Dolphins warned me about this and Zaphod and I are leaving tonight.  :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yet_Another

Just to provide a little balance (I couldn't find this on the BBC website), wikipedia has quite a list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

The ones at the end are the best, although the earlier ones are quite amusing.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

RailGooner

Quote from: Yet_Another on April 23, 2018, 11:15:19 PM
Just to provide a little balance (I couldn't find this on the BBC website), wikipedia has quite a list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

The ones at the end are the best, although the earlier ones are quite amusing.

I'm adopting Talmud's prediction of 2239. And since this year is only year 1439 in the Islamic calendar, I've got loads of time to get round to building a layout. :D

Zogbert Splod

So, if we het through tonight we can celebrate...  That releases the bent-dolphins into yer blood stream doesn't it?
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on April 24, 2018, 12:40:00 AM
So, if we het through tonight we can celebrate...  That releases the bent-dolphins into yer blood stream doesn't it?

Your dolphins may be bent but mine are curly :laugh3:.

railsquid

It's tomorrow here in the extreme orient, no sign of any dolphins, which might be worrying come to think of it.

Deltic1981

Quote from: daffy on April 23, 2018, 09:58:47 PM

He must of been busy balasting a new section of track on his layout and forgot.

DaveGlew

Well, today has unexpectedly arrived, unlike my cheap electrical items from China. Maybe the end of the world happened over there and is spreading west........... @Bealman, are you there?
If it looks right and it works then I'm happy.

daffy

Hmmmm.......  :hmmm:

I can hear the birds enjoying their usual dawn chorus.

The kettle boiled the water for my morning cuppa with its usual ease.

My appointment at the dentist later today has not been cancelled.

And the usual rubbish is being expounded on the TV Breakfast shows.

Armageddon the impression that the end of the world failed to begin - again.

Oh well, I'll just go out to the nuclear bunker in the garden and unlock the blast doors so the wife can get out to cook my breakfast.  ;)

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of this thread.

:D

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Bealman is still here, but I'm sending this from the mothership  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

The mothership is the one beside the moon. Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.....  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations