Farewell to N Guge

Started by Biggy, January 10, 2017, 06:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: Biggy on January 11, 2017, 06:03:18 PM

2) I honestly think I would enjoy the hobby less if I wasn't involved in with this forum   :NGF:
It is a truly excellent resource. I don't know I'd still be soldiering on without somewhere to come and ask stupid questions.

So sorry for being a drama queen yesterday 
Far better than chucking it all in the bin... Then when SWMBO calms you down, you've got to fix: a) what was originally wrong and b) the damage the bin did as everything clattered in... (Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt... )
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Chris Morris

The great thing about N gauge is that it is small and you can get a lot in a small space. The bad thing about N is that it is small and fiddly.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Chris Morris

The great thing about N gauge is that it is small and you can get a lot in a small space. The bad thing about N is that it is small and fiddly. Working on locos in N is a pain but being able to run trains through the landscape is great.
I have a free standing LED light circle with a magnifying glass in the middle which I find is essential for working in N gauge.
My other railway is G scale - not at all fiddly but everything has to be made very strong. Every scale has its good and bad points.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Newportnobby

To be honest I am feeling a bit sheepish now after some sensible words from SWMBO

It worked!! Nice one, Biggy. You can now have parcels delivered left, right and centre without getting the Spanish Inquisition as you have full permission (you did get it in writing, didn't you? :uneasy:)

Quote from: Drakken on January 11, 2017, 06:07:27 PM
Sometimes you've got to just vent

Please do not attempt this after consumption of a laxative :no:

Drakken

@newportnobby Wow lol, I totally agree with your statement  :beers:

Biggy

Quote from: Nick on January 11, 2017, 05:47:07 PM

If I'm trying to chip a loco that wasn't designed to be chipped, well fine. On my own head be it. But we shouldn't have to puzzle the construction and assembly out, then struggle with hidden clips or trapped wires so as to end up breaking things when carrying out what is supposed to be an end-user task. And a selling point for the loco, for Pete's sake!

It's just poor design.  :veryangry:

I couldn't agree more. It is very frustrating when things that should be simple aren't. Especially if any damage caused is then non warranty 😤
Not sure its supposed to do that

Biggy

Quote from: newportnobby on January 11, 2017, 07:26:08 PM

Quote from: Drakken on January 11, 2017, 06:07:27 PM
Sometimes you've got to just vent

Please do not attempt this after consumption of a laxative :no:

Definitely been there and got the T shirt. Didn't keep it though was a bit yucky  :sorrysign:  :D :sick2:
Not sure its supposed to do that

daffy

Congratulations @Biggy for getting back on track!

I know N gauge is fiddly and as a long-sighted, cack-handed, electrically clueless pensioner embarking on the N adventure I know I will have to rely on the services of all sorts of folks, from the wonderful SWMBO, to the proprietors of numerous railway model emporia, to good friends, and to the inestimable powers of the collective brain-power of this amazing Forum.

You have all these at your side, so share the load and get back to enjoying the joy of it all.

Onwards and upwards indeed. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Luke Piewalker

and remember, the angry thread is there for many reasons, including those mentioned... :D

Mito

I've been there several times but I'm too tight ar..fisted to chuck things in the bin. :o Glad you've decided to stay.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations