How many locos do you own?

Started by petejones, August 02, 2018, 07:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTrain

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I might incriminate myself.

No, no amount of torture will let me reveal the truth.

Newportnobby

As I model a transition era location where stock from the WR, ER, SR and LMR would be seen my answer is 'just enough' ;) Roughly 50/50 steam diesel.
There are more I want but sadly not available and, since retiring, money is not as freely available as it was when I was working

Intercity

In the display cabinet I have 47 British outline and 73 US outline, in the basement a further 20 British and 35 US, waiting for shipping from my fathers another 12 British engines.

Nowhere near finished either, so many to buy in so many liveries.

Paul-H

Only been back to the hobby for just under year so not as many as I need but enough for now

Only go for late steam early diesel so have about 7 steam and 21 diesels, not bad for under a year ;)

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

ntpntpntp

According to my database of my European fleet, and assuming multiple units are on average 3 coaches, then the total comes to around 180 locos and 45 units. Need add to that a bunch of British N and other uncatalogued odds and sods.   Then there's the small fleets of T, Z, TT, OO, and G locos.... oh dear!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Portpatrick

Rather a lot.  Do you include DMUs as locos or coaches?

stevewalker

Eleven running: 108, 08 and the rest steam.

Or twelve counting the Z-gauge loco that is to be converted to N6.5

A couple more that I hope to repair at some point.

Malc

43 DCC, about 20 DC, not counting the odd Shikensen, Glacier Express and Pendolino. I just hope that if I pop my clogs, my wife doesn't sell them for the prices I told her I paid for them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Hailstone

it is an official secret - or my wife will kill me

Regards,

Alex

Graham

I think the answer is never enough.

railsquid

About 250 powered units, i.e. including locomotives and multiple units/railcars etc., the latter of which I have many due to living in Japan, and the majority of the collection is Japanese and/or second hand, and bear in mind I picked up a brand new locomotive for the equivalent of just 23 quid even at the current exchange rate (which also makes acquiring stuff from the UK relatively attractive, especially without the 20% VAT  :beers: ).

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Portpatrick on August 02, 2018, 11:18:05 PM
Rather a lot.  Do you include DMUs as locos or coaches?

They are classified separately from locos, each driving end or intermediate coach of the unit is categorised as a DMU or EMU item (not simple coach) and each has its own inventory number, hence why I assumed an average 3 coaches when counting them as one item in my total powered stock. 

For example I have around a dozen Arnold ET420 three car sets going back to models from the 70s, so that's 36 items in the inventory just for those. It's more significant to label each coach individually now that the current ET420 models are 3 separate boxed items not a permanently coupled set.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

One.... a Blue Pullman.

The rest of my collection pale in comparison.  ;)

I am fond of my old Peco Jubilee, though.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Certainly not the one dipped in custard  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations