Who benefits?

Started by Dorsetmike, November 13, 2017, 02:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Isn't it about time @Tank  rebranded this Forum?  >:D

:whistle:

As for junk mail, it does keep the bin-men in a job, and the recycling plant busy, and the printers have something to do now they don't get so many books to print, and how else would folks get to know about those wonderful offers for stuff they just must have don't need? And now there are so many electronic devices to operate our homes automatically, and electronic mail is replacing the written letter, the poor old house-breaker can only determine whether it is truly safe to break in to your home by the amount of junk mail he can see through your letterbox that's piled up on the doormat.

Everything has its uses. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Quite correct.

And NPN, I don't really want to know what's in the bag.   :no:

Incidentally, most of the junk mail here in Australia is huge catalogues and delivered by people who spend all their waking hours wrapping it all up, then driving around sticking it into your letterbox.

Not part of the mail service, though I have noticed the postie dropping some off lately.  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

Quotelook at most electronics, you can buy from China, or you can pay someone who's applied a vast margin.

Yep, seen traders seling items identical to stuff I've bout from Chinese shops on Ebay, just repackeged and price hiked way up.

Tesco used to sell their own brand Wetabix clone at 36 for about £0.65 now sold as Everyday Value  24 for £0.75; Royal Mail rebrand to "Consignia" a few years back didn't work, wonder how much that cost? Quite a few are a bit more subtle just a change of logo, price to customers still goes up to pay for it.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daffy

I never put old clothes and stuff in those plastic bags somebody or other wants me to leave for them to collect. I use them as bin liners. Anything I have no longer have need for that is useful, be it clothes or whatever, I take directly to a charity shop of my choice. That way I know that it has in fact gone to charity, not to some shady reseller. There have been news items locally to me of these scammers, and while genuine 'charity bags' may be pushed through my letterbox, I have no way of knowing the genuine from the fake.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

McVities have recently rebranded their Jaffa Cakes.
Who benefits?
The packaging printer and McVities themselves as there are 2 fewer 'cakes' in the box.
Has the price reduced? Draw your own conclusion.

stevewalker

I remember reading many, many years ago of a guy that signed up for every item of junk mail he could. He used a hand press, that you could buy specially for the job, to turn papier-mâché into artificial logs for his wood burning stove.

NinOz

Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 14, 2017, 10:55:02 AM
Yep, seen traders seling items identical to stuff I've bout from Chinese shops on Ebay, just repackeged and price hiked way up.
The RC environment is rife with rebranding.

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Pengi

Quote from: daffy on November 14, 2017, 11:07:44 AM
I never put old clothes and stuff in those plastic bags somebody or other wants me to leave for them to collect. I use them as bin liners. Anything I have no longer have need for that is useful, be it clothes or whatever, I take directly to a charity shop of my choice. That way I know that it has in fact gone to charity, not to some shady reseller. There have been news items locally to me of these scammers, and while genuine 'charity bags' may be pushed through my letterbox, I have no way of knowing the genuine from the fake.
that is my strategy too
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations