Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: MinZaPint on November 16, 2017, 01:43:31 PM
my father in law was never quite sure whether I went to their house to see his daughter or drink his McEwans!  :pint: that was over 40 years ago  :'(

And you're still not saying, are you David ;)

Invicta Alec

A two car class 101 in NSE livery to run with my NSE 47 and coaches.

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Intercity

Latest addition is SWT 73109, it was an EBay purchase, listed as buffer missing, coupler missing and shell loose.

The shell just needed a little extra help clipping into the frame and now sits as it should, the buffers I need to source new ones (pretty sure I have other engines that need some although I don't know what sizes any of them take), the coupler should be an easy fix as it looks like the hook piece has just gone missing (the spring is there and no signs of broken plastic)

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Intercity on November 26, 2017, 04:47:08 PM
Latest addition is SWT 73109, it was an EBay purchase, listed as buffer missing, coupler missing and shell loose.

There is a nice video of SWT 73109 on YouTube. In a rather different livery though!

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Trainfish

There was quite a bit of money leaving the Trainfish account last week.

Starting with these 2 little fellas. 2 new and 1 second hand.

Then there was a 12-car formation on the left of this picture.

Here it is again running past its older brother.

And finally this 'little' fella. I don't have an O gauge layout but I liked this and just had to buy it. The one at the front is for comparison only, I've had that one ages.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Railwaygun

so which was more expensive - 2x12-car sets or the beer bottle collection in the background??
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Intercity

Postie dropped another package off this morning, 90019 Penny Black in RES livery, will go perfectly with the Mk3s dropped off earlier this week or the Pretendolino that's been needing something to provide power.

I wish the tooling was updated as compared to today's standards it is very dated, but I have a soft spot for the AC traction so it will make do.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Intercity on November 28, 2017, 04:53:31 PM
Postie dropped another package off this morning, 90019 Penny Black in RES livery, will go perfectly with the Mk3s dropped off earlier this week or the Pretendolino that's been needing something to provide power.

I wish the tooling was updated as compared to today's standards it is very dated, but I have a soft spot for the AC traction so it will make do.

I totally agree re the 90 (glad you got one though).

I have said this afternoon on the Facebook group that Bachmann's new tool 00 version had an EP on display at Warley, can only hope it gets shrunk soon!

Skyline2uk

Intercity

Postman delivered another box today, Dapol freightliner 66 578 has been added to the growing collection, unless a voyager, RES 86 or IC 86 (and maybe an 87), that will be it until my next Rails delivery gets here with more Mk3s.

Western Exile

Quote from: BMHoneyman on September 11, 2017, 06:37:40 PM
Quote from: Western Exile on September 10, 2017, 06:53:22 PM
Those are the donor wagons provided in the NGS kit for the TTA chlorine, molasses and sulphuric acid tanks that has been available for some time. As such, I don't think they are new wagons being produced and are probably surplus stock. I always thought they would make good bitumen tanks without too much effort required.
As a long term member of the N Gauge Society, this is both annoying and disappointing that these models have not been advertised first on the web site as not everyone is able to attend shows due to family commitments. This goes for the kits as well.  :veryangry:

Now available for all to buy via the NGS website shop!
(not Dr.) Al

silly moo

Here is my early Christmas present, a Farish standard 3MT. Thanks to Atso for selling it to me. It runs beautifully.

ntpntpntp

So... what is it with me and buying Lima which ordinarily I wouldn't touch with a proverbial barge-pole?  Last month it was a can-motor Lima 86, this month I've bagged one of the equally mythical can-motor class 31s!   

Overscale lump that it may be, but I just had to try and track down one of these for completeness of the can-motor British Lima fleet!  £25 inc. postage, so not too bad. The ebay photos were very dark but when I spotted what looked like proper gearing I had to give it a go!  Seems to run well enough, a little wobbly but hey it's old Lima!

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dr Al

Quote from: ntpntpntp on December 22, 2017, 02:26:30 PM
Overscale lump that it may be, but I just had to try and track down one of these for completeness of the can-motor British Lima fleet!

Not quite complete ;) - there was a large logo 31 246 with a can motor too - rarer I think as that livery wasn't produced with the original runs with the pancake drive.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Dr Al on December 22, 2017, 02:35:10 PM
Not quite complete ;) - there was a large logo 31 246 with a can motor too - rarer I think as that livery wasn't produced with the original runs with the pancake drive.
Thanks Al.  I confess I'd moved to European N (due to much better quality) long before these came out, so lost track of British N models.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Intercity

It's a New Year so that means New Trains, the postie didn't disappoint today with two reasonable sized boxes, Grampian Voyager in one and (another) Pretendolino in the other, also shown is a Reggie Railways 101 that arrived last week.

I know there was only one Pretendolino in real life but as I like loco-hauled, especially west coast, I have decided a large helping of rule one and we can see what it would have looked like had more rakes been splashed with the paint of the Pretendolino.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations