Modemo Tram help needed

Started by PWayman, July 02, 2018, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWayman

I have a Modemo Tokyo series 300 (306F yellow) tram which works the High St on my layout, only trouble is it doesn't now as the motor has failed. Removing the bodies of the articulated tram reveals the motor which is marked A1023. I have scoured Plaza Japan's website and all they seem to supply is Tomix parts.  Can anyone help with a supplier where I can buy a new motor for this tram.
  Thanks.

Bret.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Claude Dreyfus

Sadly, you may not have much luck...

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/8877-modemo-spares/

An old discussion I know, but there is no mention of Modemo parts (as opposed to Kato or Tomix) at the stores I use (I have just done a basic check).

Did it come from Plaza Japan? If so, you could contact them about repairs (even if that is just how to refer back to Modemo themselves). I have had to send stuff back to Japan for repair in the past, admittedly via Hobby Search as opposed to Plaza, and have found the service to be very good.

There are reports of these motors getting gummed up, so a thorough clean could be a solution. If it cannot be fixed It may be a case of getting a replacement model and retaining what you have as a source of spares.

PWayman

Thanks for the reply Claude.  Oh dear ! and it does look an easy component exchange as well.  The motor runs freely so I don't think it's bunged up. I have had it a long time to be fair and it did not come from Plaza, I cannot remember where I got it, maybe the JRS.
    As you say maybe get a replacement, I do see Plaza have it in stock but in a green colour, I could just swap the bodies for yellow but in view of the fact that it does not seem possible to get Modemo spares I think I will look at what Tomix have available instead.
    Thanks for your efforts.

Bret.

I've actually got a yellow/silver (advertising) one and a green one here, which I have been sitting on for a while for a layout project that isn't likely to ever see the light of day now.

In case they might be of interest, drop me a PM.    They are fully working, though the top part of one of the pantographs is missing on the yellow one....................

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations