N Gauge Now

Started by Northern Git, November 24, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Mc

Good question Owl  :thumbsup:

On another note,has anyone seen or heard about any new issues of N'Spirations magazines due for publication?

Things seem to have gone a bit quiet in that regard.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

ParkeNd

Saw it at Warley on the end of a row of stands. Looked like the sort of thing that has cropped up in Photo mags and Cycle mags every now and again but vanish without a trace. Left it where it was. Sorry.

Sprintex

Quote from: Pete Mc on November 25, 2013, 12:20:36 AM
On another note,has anyone seen or heard about any new issues of N'Spirations magazines due for publication?

Things seem to have gone a bit quiet in that regard

Why not just send 'H' a PM and ask direct? ;)

Paul

Bealman

Like Bart, I live at the Antipodes, and am very interested in this. However, at this point, I would like to hear more reviews, and obviously postage costs to this neck of the woods.

However, a new publication promoting the hobby is always welcome.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Northern Git

It is being done by Howard Foy, who did the book an Introduction to N Gauge Modelling fame.
So it is a totally private venture, which needs all our support.
I saw the magazine was for sale on about 4-5 stands including the N Gauge Society Stand, N-Tastics, and D+C Kits that I can remember.

KTM

I bought mine, via NGF & PayPal, direct from Howard. It came the day before the launch at Warley. Quality is excellent - reminded me of Model Railway Journal - but in colour and considerably larger. Compared to things Like RM and BRM - EVERYTHING in the mag/annual is N gauge so there's none of that 'not interested - straight in the bin' 70% waste paper involved.

A really good job done here guys - do support it. I'm looking forward to issue 2 :thumbsup:

Ken
GWR branch-line Steam rules

GeeBee

Waiting for mine as I type this

pgm2008

How do you get the NGS discount? - I inserted my NGS number next to my surname but no discount appeared!
I've e-mailed them but as yet no response!!
Has anyone managed to get the discount with their NGS number and ordering over the WWW?

Newportnobby

When I ordered mine there was a choice of the 2 prices so I ordered the £3.70 version and just put my NGS number after my name when I filled in my personal details

pgm2008

Thanks newportnobby - "none so blind as those who cannot see" :-[ - that's my first stupid question to the forum!!
I have now successfully ordered my discounted copy  :thumbsup:
Thanks again!

middlefour

Quote from: KTM on November 25, 2013, 12:52:45 PM
I bought mine, via NGF & PayPal, direct from Howard. It came the day before the launch at Warley. Quality is excellent - reminded me of Model Railway Journal - but in colour and considerably larger. Compared to things Like RM and BRM - EVERYTHING in the mag/annual is N gauge so there's none of that 'not interested - straight in the bin' 70% waste paper involved.A really good job done here guys - do support it. I'm looking forward to issue 2 :thumbsup:Ken

Seconded!!
Steve

Bealman

From what I'm hearing here, it seems to be an excellent product, and very gently marketed. There is yet a case for humility in advertising. Can't wait to get a gander!

Bealman
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chinahand

I ordered mine a couple of days ago but, having looked at the ''Publications' page on their web site, I found that they have also published several other books specifically for N Gauge plus 2 Spotters and Collectors Guides. I've ordered both of the other N Gauge books well and I'll let you know what they are like when I've had chance to have a good look at them all.  http://ngaugemodelling.co.uk/publications.html
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

NGaugeNow

Many thanks again for all the supportive comments. We'd just like to take this opportunity to clear up a few points from recent postings.

To Bart of NSW: Sorry about the AIRMAIL postage charge to Australia but if we absorbed this cost we would be giving you the magazine for free!

To newport nobby: £4.95 is the cover price because this (first issue) was done as a one-off to test the market. We do want to make N GAUGE NOW a regular publication with all YOUR support and if we do that we will price the next one at around the cost of the monthly magazines.

To Owl: Editor Howard Foy is a professional (national newspaper) production journalist who is now semi-retired and N GAUGE NOW is produced to fully professional standards by Engee Publishing which is Howard's (part-time) publishing business - he is a life-long N Gauger and long-time NGS member. Ideally he would like to give up work and spend all his time on N GAUGE NOW and other publishing interests but he is realistic that may be just a pipedream. However, we are determined to make the magazine a success (so long as enouigh people out there want it!)

To Pete Mc: N'Spirations Editor Grahame Hedges posts on this forum and can speak for himself but we understand that there will be no more N'Spirations for the time being although he has got a new N Gauge book out. Grahame did a great job on N'Spirations and as a respected N Gauge modeller and writer he has an open invitation from N GAUGE NOW to contribute to any future issues we put out!

To Parkend: We've no idea what your reference to photo mags and cycle mags means but we (hopefully) will not vanish without trace. Though we might  if every N gauge modeller took your attitude and saw it but "left it where it was".

To PGM2008 (and others):
Sorry about any confusion on the website about the NGS discount. I should have arranged a discount code but this was one of the things that got overlooked in the rush to get N GAUGE NOW ready for Warley. NGS members should just input your mem no in brackets immediately after your name for verification purposes.

That's all for now, but keep those comments coming in - we need the feedback!!

HOWARD FOY and ROBIN GRUBBA

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations