Acronis True image 2018 and Win10 build 1803

Started by austinbob, May 11, 2018, 10:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

OK. I've been using Acronis True Image 2017/2018 with Windows 10 for a year now with no problems. After Windows updated itself to the latest feature build (1803) True Image keeps stalling on the Users\Username\ folder and some of its contents. Anyone else had this problem and is there a fix.
I've tried reinstalling True Image with no change.
If I can't get this to work I'll have to remove the folder from the backup which loses things like email and favourites backup.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

DaveGlew

Hi Austinbob,
I used Acronis last week on a Windows 10 machine with no problems. It may be worth reinstalling Acronis if you're still having problems.
If it looks right and it works then I'm happy.

Malc

I use Acronis, but just to clone my operating system disk. That way if anything goes wrong, I just slap the backup in.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

austinbob

Quote from: DaveGlew on May 11, 2018, 05:02:10 PM
Hi Austinbob,
I used Acronis last week on a Windows 10 machine with no problems. It may be worth reinstalling Acronis if you're still having problems.
Likewise last week was fine. Windows 10 updated itself to build 1803 that's when the problem starts. Reinstall of True Image made no difference.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

ntpntpntp

Have you tried the Acronis forums?

A very quick google search came up with a thread that has one mention of something similar in the last few posts near the bottom of the page

"Latest feature update from Microsoft (1803) installed yesterday and since then there are problems backing up files from the other user's account. "

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2018-forum/my-expieriences-when-upgrading-windows-10-1709-1803-atih-2018
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

austinbob

Quote from: ntpntpntp on May 11, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
Have you tried the Acronis forums?

A very quick google search came up with a thread that has one mention of something similar in the last few posts near the bottom of the page

"Latest feature update from Microsoft (1803) installed yesterday and since then there are problems backing up files from the other user's account. "

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-true-image-2018-forum/my-expieriences-when-upgrading-windows-10-1709-1803-atih-2018
Thanks for that - the post saying...
Latest feature update from Microsoft (1803) installed yesterday and since then there are problems backing up files from the other user's account.

"Failed to back up file or folder 'C:\Users\[redacted]\NTUSER.DAT'. It may be blocked by another application.
is exactly what I get in one instance there are one or two other similar errors come up occasionally involving the same folder but different files.
Hopefully Windows and/or Acronis will come up with a fix at some stage soon

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations