PDF to jpg

Started by Dorsetmike, May 04, 2018, 06:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Found a reasonable priced PDF converter, can convert to any of eight image formats also encrypt and decrypt, images to PDF, Postscript to PDF, writing and editing, add watermarks and more.

It allows me to extract images from PDFs which I can then edit and export to my plotter cutter

http://www.pdfill.com/

Price $19.99
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

mickster04

Why not just use gimp?
https://www.gimp.org/ sorry if this is too late?

NTrain

How about 'Edit' 'Snapshot' in the Acrobat reader itself.............

Dorsetmike

I did try Gimp a few years back but decided I was happier with Picture Publisher for image editing, I've used it since V2 in 1992, (now on V10) it does all I want (plus at my age a new learning curve is avoided where possible); my gripe with Adobe products is their pricing policy, in UK we pay more in £s than Americans pay in Dollars for the same product, made worse now by the Monthly "rental" currently £13+ a month, PDFill $19.99 one off payment. There are other readers for free.

I use  free software wherever possible otherwise cheapest that does the job
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

themadhippy

20 dollars to do it with  windoze or just  type convert input.pdf output.jpg in  the terminal  within linux
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

zwilnik

Quote from: themadhippy on May 10, 2018, 12:08:32 PM
20 dollars to do it with  windoze or just  type convert input.pdf output.jpg in  the terminal  within linux
Or export as.. from Preview on macOS (also free).

There's also likely to be free options on Windows too, but if you've found a $20 one that does the job you want reliably on the platform you have, that sounds like a solid result.

Bob G

I'm a Foxit Phantom man myself.
Does everything I want it to do for my business but not at Adobe prices.
Bob

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 04, 2018, 06:04:42 PM
It allows me to extract images from PDFs
Hi all, sorry I'm a bit late on parade
(not been here for a little while due to unforseen domestic medicals :( )
just popped in * to say IrfanView freeware can extract images from PDFs to many other formats.
It is a handy little utility, very lightweight and easier on the learning curve than GIMP that can also do a good import of PDFs  (which with the advent of long awaited GIMP 2.10 is now a very comprehensive bit of freeware kit)

* and had to sign my life away ? by agreeing to loadsa red-line stuff !! not a clue what it all was but I said yes anyway just to post this :)

JimSan

I just tend to use https://smallpdf.com/pdf-to-jpg
Haven't had any issues using this online service.
For personal use, using it free just means you're limited to how many per hour/day (can't remember).
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations