NGF offline / Unable to connect to forum

Started by dannyboy, March 14, 2018, 10:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

From about 8pm until just 15 minutes ago, I have been unable to connect to the forum. I was getting pages stating that there was a script error or the server was busy. Thankfully all seems to be well now, (I was getting withdrawal symptonms  :(). Anyone else had a problem?  ???

Okay, I presume there was a problem as I have just noticed that there were no posts between 6.52pm and 10.44pm. :doh:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

Who turned the lights out? :worried: I haven't been able to access the forum for the past several hours. :uneasy:

I suspect thanks are due for restoring normal service to @Only Me . :thumbsup:

weave

Hi,

Yes, same problem. Can't help with explanation but you are not the only one. Keep calm and drink red wine.

Cheers weave  :beers:

dannyboy

Prefer a single malt - unfortunately that is out of the question as I am at work!  :'(
David.

themadhippy

Quoteunfortunately that is out of the question as I am at work
you didnt actually have to do some work to keep the withdrawal symptoms  at bay?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

Extremely onerous work - I had to look at other websites!  :D
David.

JohnN

Me too. Got the message:

QuoteConnection Problems. Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

And then a page full of 'type 500' error messages but didn't manage to copy them down. If that's any use to Admin.

Bealman

Yeah, I got all those too here in Australia. Maybe our Tech Only Me will shed some light on the glitch.

All seems well now, though.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Caz

The host the forum uses suffered a DDOS attack for about 4 hours and that is why we were off line but all ok so far today.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

emjaybee

Quote from: Caz on March 15, 2018, 08:33:15 AM
The host the forum uses suffered a DDOS attack for about 4 hours and that is why we were off line but all ok so far today.

I'm impressed that other model railway websites/forum's see us as that much of a threat. Honestly, the lengths they'll go to to get voted the number one UK model railway website.

All Hail NGF!

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

In one way I'm glad it wasn't just me, as usually my browser is blamed by the techy as being the issue but I did try 3 different browsers and got the same message from them all. I have been finding the forum to be quite slow lately with pages 'hanging' before reloading. I do have BT Infinity fibre optic but I think they need to up their game :hmmm:

Tank

Yes, sorry about that everyone.  I'm still waiting for an official explanation, but it seems that we were attacked!   :o 

I have been sent some information regarding some upgrades to the forum and tightening security with our host.  Software upgrades basically.

Dancess

S&D lives on - sort of!

emjaybee

Quote from: Tank on March 15, 2018, 11:19:47 AM
Yes, sorry about that everyone.  I'm still waiting for an official explanation, but it seems that we were attacked!   :o 

I have been sent some information regarding some upgrades to the forum and tightening security with our host.  Software upgrades basically.

It's those swines in the 2mm society, they can't handle the fact that we're cooler.

:P
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Caz

@Only Me   Must admit since the PHP etc update the forum is flying along here.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67%