Micro SD card from phone

Started by Bealman, February 09, 2018, 01:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Yes, sorry, doesn't directly help you though. Did you try putting your card back in a phone to read?

Paul-H

In my case they won't format because they have set themselves to read only, so although I can copy all the data, I can't format to resolve any issues.

One odd thing is if I just try to delete the files and directories they appear to be deleted but if I remove then replace the card they are still there.

Looking on Sandisk's help pages I suspect it's a common problem as they have a return for replacement link for the exact problem, but even though they are only s couple of months old, I can't find the receipts so can't return them.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

njee20

Bank statement is sufficient proof of purchase, you don't need a till receipt.

Paul-H

Unfortunately I paid cash for these over the counter purchases

Oaul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

njee20

Cash? How 90s of you ;)

Sounds like you may be scuppered then. At least they're super cheap these days. I remember 128MB cards being over £100.

Bealman

Quote from: njee20 on February 14, 2018, 08:03:34 AM
Yes, sorry, doesn't directly help you though. Did you try putting your card back in a phone to read?

No, not yet... getting major building work done at moment, so it's sorta low priority. However I will and post what happens.

Thanks!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: Paul-H on February 13, 2018, 05:15:17 PM
Interestingly I have had a few Sandisk (Genuine ones) go read only when used in my Samsung Devices, annoyingly they were all 64gb versions and I cant find the receipts for replacement, I try not to buy sandisk products now as a result.
Yes, me too. And the same device has always worked perfectly well with other brands, including nameless generics.
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: njee20 on February 14, 2018, 08:36:38 AM
Cash? How 90s of you ;)
:laughabovepost:  :claphappy:

OT : I recently took a load of £1 coins into my bank (52 of them found in various pockets and sofas) but the cash counting machine was broke, so teller had to do it by hand,
I was disappointed when none were handed back as counterfeit, I had been led to believe in statistics that 1 in 30 (or summat like) were, and although I had examined them and found none I had hope of at least 1 souvenir of man's propensity to fiddle easy money :(

I asked if the machine would have been clever and would have rejected any such, she said yes it would have , , , but didnt see the joke when I asked for them all back (not expecting them, they were already in her drawers ! ) to check in the machine later when it was fixed  :angel:

Mito

Why did she put them in her drawers? ???
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Zogbert Splod

Fancied a bit of a change perhaps?
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

railsquid

Maybe she was planning to spend a penny later?

Bealman

Remind me never to ask a serious question in this section again  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

:laughabovepost:     :laughabovepost:     :laughabovepost:

:thumbsup:

Well done chaps, I thought it might cause a chuckle
and apols. to @Bealman  :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34