Samsung Tab3 being naughty again

Started by Bealman, January 14, 2018, 05:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

As many of you know, my Tab3 has had it's moments in the past, but the good folk on here have always worked it out.

Well here's a new one for you, which has me baffled.

No connection problems this time - emails coming in fine, I can do a Google Search, get a list of websites, but that's where it stops.

Click on a site, tab comes up saying loading, blank screen, and that's it. 24 hours later, and it's still the same - and that includes this forum and every bookmark on the thing. In the meantime, emails are coming in fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Have you tried turning it off and back on again (serious question)?

We have a somewhat elderly Nexus tablet which increasingly hangs up after a while and needs a complete reboot.

Bealman

Will give it a shot! May as well reboot the router too, I guess!

Bealman

Just did what you suggested when I got home.

Mate, worked straight away!

Didn't need to reboot the router.  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to my visit in May and really hope we meet!  :beers:

George

railsquid

It's almost as if I work in IT...  :angel:

Not an expert on mobile devices but unlike ye olde Nokias etc. of yesteryear which run for decades on a single charge, these smartphonetablet thingies are darn complex whatchamightcallits not all that different from proper PCs and all these apps and websites lead to the build-up of crud (to use the technical term) in memory and after a while they can get all "oh where was I we don't have summers like there used to be and you could go all the way to the end of the tramline on a ha'penny groat" and a reboot is the only way of dragging them back into the 21st century.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations