what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinH

Wondering what I've done wrong with the electrickery this time.

See my layout thread for full details.

:photospleasesign: ??? No way I am far too embarrassed to show anyone the current rats nest.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Jameswgm

Finished sorting out my error gauging the track too close on the corners, relaid that now. Also wired up the tracks ready for a first test run tonight. Just a switch for the crossover to wire up before that can happen.

Relaid curves

Track wiring

Newportnobby

Trackwork looks very neat, and it looks as if the wiring is going the same way. Nice job :thumbsup:

Bealman

Yes, it is all looking very neat. Great work!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

1936ace

Quote from: 4x2 on February 18, 2014, 08:55:53 PM
Just finished the scariest thing ever.... weathering a £100 loco !  :jawdropping:

My dapol 22 needed to loose the shine, and I've been putting it off for ages, but tonight with the help of a beer or two I think it came out alright...

So folks, what you think ?

Top job it really looks like its been doing work. I too did my first loco last night scary thing isn't it
Bart

Bealman

You are all brave men. Good job, though, 4x2.  :thumbsup:

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: 4x2 on February 18, 2014, 08:55:53 PM
Just finished the scariest thing ever.... weathering a £100 loco !  :jawdropping:

My dapol 22 needed to loose the shine, and I've been putting it off for ages, but tonight with the help of a beer or two I think it came out alright...

So folks, what you think ?

:hmmm:, not sure that it "was the scariest thing ever" to weather a loco but it certainly is something I'd never want to do (Peltin Down stabling point probably has the greatest loco cleaners anywhere on BR judging by how clean most of the locos leaving it are :angel:  ;)) .  Your 22 looks great though, genuine congratulations. :thumbsup:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

D1042 Western Princess

Still (after a week) putting in the landscape "formers" around the loco yard! I hate scenic work and get bored doing it which is why it's taking so long! :sleep:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

scottmitchell74

I'm continuing my track weathering and I'm fixing some areas of bad ballast by crunching and vacuuming it and laying down new ballast more methodically.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

port perran

Started rebuilding Port Perran station which will include the Metcalfe Wayside country station building.
Completed the curved platform which required some careful alignment to ensure that my longest loco (Class 52) doesn't foul the edge. Also had to ensure adequate clearance for the outside framed 08.
Just got the straight bits of platform to do now.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Dorsetmike

Getting ready to dismantle it prior to moving, hopefully salvage enough for a small portable one. Maybe something similar to Komata's "cupboard".

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Mr.Grumpy

I've been doing lots of woodwork and am happy to say I have built and insulated my new baseboards ready to lay track.

Lets see how far I can get before I make my next irreversible errors.

I'm back in Anyrail re-planning everything.
N Gauge Dystopian Future: Planning | Construction

johnlambert

Working on a small backscene, going for a plain light blue.  I had some thin ply and a left over tester pot of light blue emulsion paint.  It is nice when you can make stuff from left over bits and pieces.

The unpainted portion will be hidden behind raised ground.

Bealman

Quote from: johnlambert on March 23, 2014, 09:47:16 PM
Working on a small backscene, going for a plain light blue.  I had some thin ply and a left over tester pot of light blue emulsion paint.  It is nice when you can make stuff from left over bits and pieces.
Yes, I agree. Sorta gives you an added sense of satisfaction. A lot of my signalling system uses components scrounged from junked VCRs!

EtchedPixels

Making girder bridge bits for the new trainset as I'm trying to just use what I already have for it.

The main layout fiddle yard boards have had some tweaks and test fitting and been varnished. Next job is wiring the middle board which may be delayed a few days as I now have a bad back after all the  waving baseboards around

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations