what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeBee

Lifting all the laid track and shifting the whole lot through 45 degrees, then I can sort out the lift out section I hope
:unimpressed:  :no:

Caz

Constructing and painting a Langley narrow boat kit, the one kit that comes with the motor and the butty plus lock gates etc.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Tdm

2 parcels arrived today - one from Hattons & the other from Gaugemaster.
The Hattons one contained some track pieces I needed to complete the changes to my layout plus a WD Austerity and a DMU. Spent afternoon completing my track and test running the new engines - all looking good.

The Gaugemaster parcels contains a few kit items that need putting together before placing on the layout, but will have to wait till I get back as off to Chester on Friday.

Bealman

Quote from: whiteswan on March 05, 2014, 04:30:51 PM
Constructing and painting a Langley narrow boat kit, the one kit that comes with the motor and the butty plus lock gates etc.

Sounds interesting.... just had a look at the Langley site, but can't find it.... which kit is that, then, please Caz?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Cheers, Dave! Didn't think of looking there. Just looked at 'boats'  :thumbsup:

Cool kit, Caz - looking forward to seeing it in situ.

George

talisman56

Not my layout, but the WiP N Gauge layout at the Model Railway Club - mucho slaving over a hot soldering iron for this...

[smg id=10741]
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Tdm

Quote from: talisman56 on March 06, 2014, 02:39:22 AM
Not my layout, but the WiP N Gauge layout at the Model Railway Club - mucho slaving over a hot soldering iron for this...
[smg id=10741]

Looking at the picture of the wiring setup you show and knowing what a mess of wires my small layout is with just a dozen electric points - does anyone make "boards" for model railways with terminals already afixed to them so that you just plug in the wires (eg. from point motor to board - board to switch panel etc.) or wire "looms" especially for the job, and you could just screw the complete board to the underside of the layout.?

MinZaPint

Not actually doing anything, just back from 6 weeks of very enjoyable hols but MY (it's all mine and I have HID's permission to say so!) hobby/railway room has finally been cleared and decorated, new carpet next week and then I can fit the kitchen units that will provide storage and that the layout will rest on. Am keeping my old terminus board which I will be widening to accommodate scenics, then making a new board for the roundy roundy, reversing loop and country station. Exciting times and the pre orders continue to trickle in.

The terminus ignore the loop, loosely based on Swanage

The new board,

This may take some time me being me but at least things are moving.

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

talisman56

Quote from: Tdm on March 06, 2014, 10:29:05 AM

Looking at the picture of the wiring setup you show and knowing what a mess of wires my small layout is with just a dozen electric points - does anyone make "boards" for model railways with terminals already afixed to them so that you just plug in the wires (eg. from point motor to board - board to switch panel etc.) or wire "looms" especially for the job, and you could just screw the complete board to the underside of the layout.?

Isn't that what the Peco SmartSwitch series is trying to do? Not actually done any investigation, mind you, but it does look like a series of switches, servos, circuit boards for various functions and cables to connect them up with...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Bealman

Sure do like the look of that, MinZaPint!  :thumbsup:

May I ask though, why you haven't bothered with double track, or is the terminus an actual prototype plan of a single track branchline?

George

MinZaPint

Hi George

The terminus is based on Swanage, just down the road from me which is fed by a single track. The oval could have been double track but the board is only 2'6" wide and I wanted plenty of room for scenic.

Thanks for the input.

David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

Ah, Swanage. That explains it, then. Cool! Should be a corker of a layout - looking forward to progress! Hope you are not thinking of narrowing the gauge to NZ standards!!

Cheers,  :beers:

George

tutenkhamunsleeping

Extending my 'temporary' station today, with a large pile of Kato station parts acquired from EtchedPixels of this parish. Bargain!

Caz

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on March 07, 2014, 12:35:25 PM
Extending my 'temporary' station today, with a large pile of Kato station parts acquired from EtchedPixels of this parish. Bargain!

If you are extending the already enormous station acquired from EP then it is going to be huge, hate to think of how many little people you will need to populate it.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%