what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bees

Quote from: Bealman on February 25, 2014, 10:20:33 PM
Yep, very nice. Don't forget the chimney pots!

Aaaaaaah yes, chimney pots, I actually had an idea for chimney pots the other day. I'm going to add them to all buildings at once, when I get to that stage! Using the plastic rod in the middle of cotton buds!!!

Thanks all

Steven
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Bealman

Excellent thinking. Get the buildings in place on the layout and mass fit-em all at once!

:beers: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on February 25, 2014, 05:51:19 PM

Oh & by the way I have just booked to fly over to Chester March 7th to 12th, anything going on in that area between those dates in the way of train fairs or swap meets?.

Hi Terry,
I've had a look around and all I can find is a small model railway exhibition in Macclesfield March 8/9th (Macclesfield is about 40 miles from Chester by car)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18089.0

Mollington Street

Installed a Fleischmann turntable this week along with a LDT decoder.   This morning I have it all working under the control of Railroad & Co's "Traincontroller".   Just sitting watching locomotives "shedding" themselves now!

Mesmerising!.

Quite a rats nest of wires though!

Caz

Superb bit of kit the Fleischmann turntable, I've used the CML TX1 to interface mine and as you say mesmerising watching R&R's Train Controller automatically control it.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

CarriageShed

Not ON my layout, but FOR my layout, I'll be spending the entire weekend with a paint brush in one hand and a roller in the other while I get on with redecorating the entire house. If I ever finish the painting then I get to lay new carpets and only then do I get to build the layout. Pity poor Peter :-(

Caz

Painting a large box of Prieser unpainted figures, even worse than ballasting.   :doh:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pete33 on February 28, 2014, 05:45:40 PM
Not ON my layout, but FOR my layout, I'll be spending the entire weekend with a paint brush in one hand and a roller in the other while I get on with redecorating the entire house. If I ever finish the painting then I get to lay new carpets and only then do I get to build the layout. Pity poor Peter :-(

A very cunning plot by your other half, Peter. Guaranteed decorating progress, then :D

CarriageShed

I don't have any other halves, Mick. Just a me whole. So it's a one man labour of... well, not love. Penance, perhaps. I might have been very very bad in a previous life (although this one must already have made up for that!).

port perran

I'm still electrifying points and laying what seems like miles of wire. I'm told it will all be worth it in the end !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

CarriageShed

It will be worth it in the end.

But what do I know. I was just reading off this card which was pushed in front of me ;)

scottmitchell74

Quote from: whiteswan on February 28, 2014, 06:05:22 PM
Painting a large box of Prieser unpainted figures, even worse than ballasting.   :doh:

Ouch! (But worth it in the end)
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

ParkeNd

Quote from: Pete33 on February 28, 2014, 07:07:07 PM
I don't have any other halves, Mick. Just a me whole. So it's a one man labour of... well, not love. Penance, perhaps. I might have been very very bad in a previous life (although this one must already have made up for that!).

Bad?? You must have run over a bus queue of nuns.

The correct etiquette for decorating the whole house is to spread the work over 10 years.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: ParkeNd on March 01, 2014, 02:00:53 AM
The correct etiquette for decorating the whole house is to spread the work over 10 years.

Agreed.  And not necessarily this 10 years :no:

Tdm

Quote from: port perran on February 28, 2014, 07:20:55 PM
I'm still electrifying points and laying what seems like miles of wire. I'm told it will all be worth it in the end !

Only just finished wiring mine, and I made the mistake of doing it after the baseboard had been put in place which has given me a sore back and creaked neck, and there are wires everywhere and tracing which one is at fault when a point motor doesn't work is a nightmare.

Having said that it is now so satisfying to operate points with a switch from the control area than doing it manually - so yes - it will be worth it in the end.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations