what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Dismantling my layout and it now looks like a bomb's gone off in the mancave :o
It will be resurrected in a much more user friendly manner.
Far be it for me to nick Peter Charles Fagg's title of 'Phoenix arising from the Ashes' but it will :)
One things for sure, it's stopped me playing trains as there's no way anything can run now :(

GeeBee

Mick, Sorry to hear you are having problems, hope the redesign works for you.
Graham :thumbsup:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on January 02, 2014, 05:04:34 PM

One things for sure, it's stopped me playing trains as there's no way anything can run now :(

So we can expect the Farish Fairburn's sometime next week then  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on January 03, 2014, 11:56:30 AM

So we can expect the Farish Fairburn's sometime next week then  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

That would be my usual luck, Dave ::)
Just as well I bought an N gauge rolling road so it can be run in, but that's no substitute for seeing how locos traverse points :no:

CarriageShed

Dismantling my layout and it now looks like a bomb's gone off in the mancave :o
It will be resurrected in a much more user friendly manner.
Far be it for me to nick Peter Charles Fagg's title of 'Phoenix arising from the Ashes' but it will :)

Never mind, Mick. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. We know you can do it.  :thumbsup:

ParkeNd

Unpacked the Humbrol acrylic paints the excellent local Yodel man delivered from Hattons this morning. Start painting platforms and goods wharf tomorrow.

EtchedPixels

Assembling the fiddle yard for Planby. Track all stuck down, tested the trains fit it ok.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

lil chris

I am just finished ballasting my main track, only the goods yard to do but that's not built yet and will probably need to install some magnets before anyway. One bit of trouble I had to pull one piece of track up, power supply was intermittent and I had already ballasted it too. I have re-soldered the wires and ballasted it back down,tested it first of course.I have also decided to fit casters to the legs to make it easy to move the layout around, I think I deserve a playing trains session when the ballasting has dried.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daveg

' ...  I think I deserve a playing trains session when the ballasting has dried.'

Absolutely! That's what it's all about.

How about some progress pics guys?  :camera:

Dave G

lionwing

Just spent the last hour or so adding life to my layout.

Stuck a few people down, added a little detail to the station platform and made the goods yard look like there is something going on.

Amazing how a few little pieces of painted plastic and make such a change!
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

boonie

Quote from: boonie on December 27, 2013, 03:34:47 PM
i am ballasting my british N gauge layout, and have jumped the gun a bit as I have made up a static grass applicator and had to try it out on some finished ballast - looks good so far!
Al
have gotmy airbrush- some results if i can remember the photo bucket thang!
Al
Cheers,
Boonie

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always get in.

Caz

Gave the layout a good hoover and a clean and had trains running on Claywell for the first time in about 6 months, really nice to see them running again although as mentioned elsewhere one of my Dapol panniers is playing up.    :(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

Good to hear trains are running on your excellent layout! I sympathise with the track cleaning. Six months? Try 20 years!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Geoff

Building my town up plenty of card kits to build, I have got a couple of workshops that I am scratch building, what do folks use for corrugated roofs been looking all over for something.
Geoff

boonie

Quote from: boonie on January 05, 2014, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: boonie on December 27, 2013, 03:34:47 PM
i am ballasting my british N gauge layout, and have jumped the gun a bit as I have made up a static grass applicator and had to try it out on some finished ballast - looks good so far!
Al
have gotmy airbrush- some results if i can remember the photo bucket thang!
Al
Cheers,
Boonie

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always get in.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations