what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

There's plenty of ideas on how to work with the foam sheet here and elsewhere.

I tend to be fairly rough with the stuff when making a basic shape and then use a long-ish blade for more detailed stuff.

I've also found that gentle use of a wire brush can create some interesting character to the 'rock face' that can suggest excavation/cutting work. Copydex is good for sticking pieces together.

Please let us know (and see) how you get on.

Dave G

johnlambert

Got some Celotex board, cut off some pieces and stuck them to my baseboard.  I'll take some photos soon.

texhorse

On the American layout this afternoon I moved my "Giant Eagle" store and put lights in it.  I also modelled the car park.  On my British layout, I put up the road bridge sides and walls.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

daveg

Look forward to seeing how you are getting on.

I prime the foam with emulsion as a basecoat - using the little matchpots you can buy quite cheaply; pale green, light brown, etc. It helps produce a decent base for whatever scatter colour you put down.

Dave G.

texhorse

I use those match pots too Dave.  Dulux "Intense Truffle" is my colour of choice!!!  Looks like dry soil and provides a good base colour for the green powders I put over the top of them!

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

daveg

texhorse

I hope I'm doing this right.  I've got a couple of messages already telling me I didn't.  Anyway, here are three photos of the road bridge at Ruffield (British layout) and three photos of Giant Eagle at Blue Haven on my American layout.

Andy

"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Newportnobby

Hi Andy,
On my laptop only the links are shown in your post, although the links work and I could see your pics.
When using Photobucket, I right click on the IMG box (4th one down). It then says 'Copied' and I just right click and 'Paste' into a post

texhorse

Testing, testing..... :D

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/texhorse/media/a002.jpg.html?filters[user]=44589847&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5

Andy

It is the IMG link you need to click on to copy Andy not the Email &IM  ;)

cheers John.
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Newportnobby

Nope - now I'm getting "The page cannot be displayed" with the link.
Still no picture in the post :confused1:

texhorse

:thumbsdown:

Me neither.  Hope you guys have patience and click on the links instead.  I promise the photos are worth it once you get there!!!!

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Sprintex

texhorse

Many thanks Paul!  I'll get the hang of this doodad one day.

Andy
:-[
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

johnlambert

Hacking away at Celotex to make (a big mess) more scenery.

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations