what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Assembling various more test shells, and pondering the compartment walls on the Great Central coaches. Once I have those figured out right I'll finally be able to fully complete some GC coaches to run on Planby and provide a break from the usual LNER means Gresley stock layout.

Really I ought to have some NER non-corridor stock but that may have to wait as the duckets are scary

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Luke Piewalker

Signal wiring... for signals... A few more to go in so I'll need to squeeze another dsub 25way in there somewhere...

tadpole

Had a quick play with Salisbury last night following an absense of about 5-6 weeks (too many distractions at this time of year).

Delighted to report that everything moved at first touch of the controller, no nudging required whatsoever.
Even my old Poole-built locos were eager to get out of the fiddle yard and back to work.

Working backwards in time. Still a few bits of NSE/RR stock on the layout, but by end of next play it'll be pure blue/grey.
Two rails good. Three better.

OwL

After moving house recently, i have started work on Old Warren. Due to the move amongst other things, i have had little time for the hobby until the last few days.

I have stripped all the removable scenery off OW and started a deep clean. Track work is back to a clean electrically conductive state. A hoover session then began grabbing all dust off the layout.

I then began to focus on wiring. Outer, inner and depot access loop all wired up tested and locos run on them. Only a couple of niggles on two points which will need a tiny bit more attention.

Have rewired up the street and depot lighting. Only have some ground signals and aspect signals to do......... Tomorrow maybe.
Gonna focus on populating the layout as well this weekend.

I also have some small repairs to do to scenery that fell off on its journey from my old house to the new.

I also have a dedicated railway room meaning i can get access all around the layout as i have set it up in the middle of the room. This will make cleaning and maintenance a much easier, quicker and more pleasant task.

Hopefully get some pictures uploaded, it certainly has been a while, although im back in the hobby now i have some new routine and we have settled in to the new gaff.......

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Oldman

Nothing today. House full of grandchildren all weekend so all tools and glues put away.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

4x2

Quote from: Oldman on July 06, 2013, 01:59:04 PM
Nothing today. House full of grandchildren all weekend so all tools and glues put away.
Same here really... BBQ at my parents place today with all the family round, the layout is back at my flat parked in the shade. I haven't touched it for a while as i'm saving for another car at the moment - that said i did detail a brake van recently with a 3 link coupling and tail lamp, which took all of 2 mins !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

OwL

Quote from: Pete33 on July 06, 2013, 10:34:30 AM
Quote from: OwL on July 06, 2013, 12:50:18 AM
After moving house recently, i have started work on Old Warren....

:photospleasesign:

This weekend i hope!

I have spent alot of time on OW over last few days, this morning i wired all the ground signals back up and working. Got all lighting for depot and streets done, only one signal remains (an arm off the resistor got snapped, so i will have to buy a new resistor to the same tolerance)

I wrote up a snag list to do on the layout, so far 15 entries mainly minor repairs/touch up jobs.

Not going to do anymore today, im at a BBQ this afternoon. Weather to nice to do modelling although im really in the mood.

Hopefully more pictures to be uploaded, although depends on what else goes on this weekend.

Norfolkrover

Nothing as its so hot. Is there a temperature you shouldnt run locos at and what heat related harm should you look out for?

Newportnobby

Hey Dave,

Very best wishes to you and Fay in your new abode.
Looking forward to more pics of Old Warren (or should that be New Warren now? :-X)

OwL

Quote from: newportnobby on July 06, 2013, 05:11:54 PM
Hey Dave,

Very best wishes to you and Fay in your new abode.
Looking forward to more pics of Old Warren (or should that be New Warren now? :-X)

Thanks Mick :thumbsup: i will pass on your kind sentiments to Fay as well.
Trust me to plan modelling on the hottest weekend of the year!!

BBQ time now though,

Hopefully Pictures tomorrow, but if weather continues like this then count me sitting outside reading a back copy of NGS journal and a cold beer. :pint:

Oldman

Not a lot at the moment.
Still waiting for my LEDs from Hong Kong.
Now to work out where to store the Brickworks. Have been told it cannot live on the end of the dining table  :hmmm:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Cooper

Adding speed warning sign, AWS magnet and a few details. Also added a lip to the shelf at the back after two Dapol 66's took a nose-dive to the floor.... :'(

Skyline2uk

QuoteAlso added a lip to the shelf at the back after two Dapol 66's took a nose-dive to the floor.... :'(

Ouch.

That once happened to me with my Poole era Swallow HST and Class 56.

The HST looked quite mangled to my young eyes, but as it happened the only damage was a paint chip and dis-lodged body. The 56 suffered from a broken coupling. This is the reason I have perspex around Filton TMD!

Skyline2uk

CarriageShed

Quote from: Cooper on August 06, 2013, 09:28:02 AM
Adding speed warning sign, AWS magnet and a few details. Also added a lip to the shelf at the back after two Dapol 66's took a nose-dive to the floor.... :'(

Note to self: when I finally have a layout to do something on, make sure health and safety executive inspects all lines bordering endless chasms...  ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations