Farish Cross Country 170 Re-Release Date

Started by Smit, November 15, 2017, 01:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carderrail

In the Summer Edition Model Rail there was mention of this getting a chassis upgrade.... (as does the GW Railcar) No mention of an improved body/lights/DCC capability etc..

Tony

Quote from: koyli55002 on November 15, 2017, 11:44:44 AM
To be honest, it looks to me as though it's simply a repaint job on the old chassis - no mention of DCC capability etc. on the Farish website, so definitely not on my wish list right now.....

Invicta Alec

Quote from: robert shrives on November 18, 2017, 10:31:40 PM

I think flywheels bind as little clearance backing off half a turn makes all the difference.
Hope that helps
Robert   

Thank you Robert  :hmmm:

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Roy L S

Looking at the Bachmann Website, neither of the yet to be released 170s are showing as having been upgraded to be DCC ready or have directional lighting.

The price of £174-95 appears truly eye watering for something that is a long way from being a "state of the art" model any more...the same price for a 2 car 101 which is also pretty steep, but at least in that you get a highly detailed model with DCC capability (albeit 6 pin) and lights.

Even with all the recent price hikes I do struggle to understand how Bachmann can justify it for what is a fairly simple mechanism and two pretty basic "coaches" without any electrical fit.

Or is it just me...

Roy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations