!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Farish Cross Country 170 Re-Release Date  (Read 650 times)

Offline carderrail

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Farish Cross Country 170 Re-Release Date
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 08:20:35 am »
In the Summer Edition Model Rail there was mention of this getting a chassis upgrade.... (as does the GW Railcar) No mention of an improved body/lights/DCC capability etc..

Tony

To be honest, it looks to me as though it's simply a repaint job on the old chassis - no mention of DCC capability etc. on the Farish website, so definitely not on my wish list right now.....

Offline Invicta Alec

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 01:21:50 pm »

I think flywheels bind as little clearance backing off half a turn makes all the difference.
Hope that helps
Robert   

Thank you Robert  :hmmm:

Alec.

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 05:42:52 pm »
Looking at the Bachmann Website, neither of the yet to be released 170s are showing as having been upgraded to be DCC ready or have directional lighting.

The price of 174-95 appears truly eye watering for something that is a long way from being a "state of the art" model any more...the same price for a 2 car 101 which is also pretty steep, but at least in that you get a highly detailed model with DCC capability (albeit 6 pin) and lights.

Even with all the recent price hikes I do struggle to understand how Bachmann can justify it for what is a fairly simple mechanism and two pretty basic "coaches" without any electrical fit.

Or is it just me...

Roy

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything