"Home page" button not working

Started by Dorsetmike, November 07, 2017, 11:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Using Firefox on Win 7 , when I click on the "Home page" button the current page remains in place, my home page is about:blank, when I select a new site bookmark that works fine except if I select about:blank.  If I open the the customise menu and select New window, I do get a blank page.

I think it may be due to the recent Firefox update, is this likely or is it some other cause?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Seeing as Old Crow has reported an issue with Firefox maybe it's something they have changed :hmmm: :hmmm:
Quote from: Old Crow on November 07, 2017, 12:37:37 PM
Can log in to main page but cannot access any parts/forums using Firefox, my main browser (this via Chrome)
since midnight get error message saying some sort of security issue related to certificate???
I've had this sometimes with other sites where the certificate has not been updated - hence the cutoff at certain date/ time?
Are you aware of this issue?

I'm sure Admin will find the truth which, according to Mulder & Scully, is out there.

Tank

I'm using Firefox right now with no issues.  Is it just that button?

Dorsetmike

That's all I've found  ------ so far!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

themadhippy

Got the same thing,home page set to about:blank does nothing,change the home page to something and it works.However run firefox in with add ons disabledand it works as expected pointing to an add on ,now to find which add on it is
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

themadhippy

so its  the addblocker add on thats the issue on this machine,disable that and all works as it should.re enable it and the issue returns.

Dorsetmike

Having clicked home page button, the address area clears and if I try to access the page which is still showing nothing happens, e.g. forum page still showing but clicking on anything like opening a topic doesn't work, so the home button has done half it's job so to speak, forum is in effect closed but blank page is not being shown.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Dorsetmike

SAme here disable ad block and problem goes, however I will keep ad black and use "new window" to clear screen.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Mito

From Firefox 57 there are some major changes. I don't understand fully what they are but I know that my favorite add-on (Super Start) will not work with it so I'm sticking to update 56. The problems you have could be related to this change.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

themadhippy

QuoteFrom Firefox 57 there are some major changes. I don't understand fully what they are but I know that my favorite add-on (Super Start) will not work with it so I'm sticking to update 56. The problems you have could be related to this chang
still on version 56.0  so dont think thats the problem here

Dorsetmike

Stopped using "new window" that resulted in a build up of previous windowson the task bar, so now I open a new tab then close the old tab, or just open next bookmark.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

themadhippy

Firefox 57.0 has finally landed here and the problem seems to have vanished

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations