Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

Bit of a sickner today I have been to the dentist. My crown kept coming loose, I must have paid to have it glued back numerous times. The dentist said he wanted to sort it properly so I finally agreed, its cost me small fortune, put it this way my wallet hurts more than my mouth.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

lil chris

I guess this is you in bed @newportnobby love these vids so true has all cat owners know.

https://simonscat.com/films/bed-head/
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daveg

Thanks Chris.

Made my morning, especially after Blue decided 05:30 was a good time to wake me up!

Dave G

Newportnobby

@lil chris Sorry to hear about your tooth, Chris, but the Simon's Cat film was sooooo close to what Hookey does. His favourite trick is to walk round the top of my head, get onto the bedside table and then rap me on the head to wake me up. It's so funny I just can't be cross with him even if it's the middle of the night.

javlinfaw7

8:00 am this morning I was wakened by a shriek coming from my son's room Ripley our normally angelic little cat woke him by dropping a dead sparrow on his face

dannyboy

Well, that's one less to count for the RSPB survey this weekend!  :)

Our cats usually bring us a present of a mouse - not so bad when they are whole, but when they are not .....  :sick2:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Mito

I was having a siesta one day and our cat brought a snake in, still very much alive and dropped it on my crutch, I've never got out of bed so quickly!
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

javlinfaw7

Streaky our less than angelic cat does like to share his mice, but normally just leaves us the head on the door step

Malc

There is no feeling like the one you get when you venture into the kitchen barefoot, first thing in the morning to put the coffee on and find the inner workings of something small and furry squeezing up between your toes. It does help you wake up quickly though.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Yuk!  :sick:

We have similar problem here except it's cockroaches as big as mice.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Knew there was a reason Australia is so far away from everywhere else.

It does put me in mind of the time I was living in an apartment here with a Japanese-style room (tatami'n'stuff), was sleeping on the futon on the floor next to the windows, which had "shoji" (sliding doors made of a wooden lattice covered in squares of translucent paper), woke up, while still lying down opened said shoji to see what was happening in the world outside when something small and black thudded onto the pillow. Now I am not A Mr Wide Awake in The Morning kind of person but believe me it was  matter of seconds before the balcony doors were opened, the unwelcomed guest propelled onto the balcony with a flick of a pillow where it made the acquaintance of the underside of something solid which was happily close to hand.

(The pillow was later irradiated then cast into the mouth of an active volcano).

Geoff

I have had the flu jab and now I have the flu, I know there are so many strains of flu but I do not want this one.

Any one else with the flu I wish you well.

Good night god bless
Geoff

Jimbo

Quote from: Geoff on January 27, 2018, 10:55:21 PM
I have had the flu jab and now I have the flu, I know there are so many strains of flu but I do not want this one.

Any one else with the flu I wish you well.

Good night god bless

I had a flu jab at work a few years ago as it was being offered for free, and guess what......got the full blown flu! Wether it was coincidence or not I don't know but I haven't had one since, I don't want to put people off it because it may well be beneficial to some but I feel for you! Hope you have a swift recovery....Having said that I haven't had the flu since!......That was a few years ago as I said sooooo, it may well have done the trick!!!  :dunce: who knows! LOL!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Malc

Curiously the flu jab does not contain active flu virus, but often the body reacts to the jab with flu like symptoms. Having had flu in 1982, I couldn't move for about 4 days, ached all over and didn't eat a thing, I sympathise with anyone suffering.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

Well I had the worse night ever but when the flu jab comes round later this year I will have it again, the wife has had the flu think I am 2 days behind her, my body is in so much pain, anyway going for another sleep if my body will let me.
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations