Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Quote from: Malc on April 19, 2018, 06:32:02 PM
I got referred to the urologist who decided to look inside. I thought they would use a fibre optic camera, but I think they used a bit of 1/2" gas pipe with a threaded end. Fortunately all OK, but they still don't know why I keep getting infections. Now on a prophylactic dose of antibiotics l

Fortunatly mine was comletely painless, mind you I put that down to me being the only male in the room. :-[
I'm in the same boat as you in not knowing why it keeps happening.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

daveg

Keep taking those tablets, Malc!

Dave G

Malc

Quote from: TrevL on April 19, 2018, 09:24:05 PM
Fortunatly mine was comletely painless, mind you I put that down to me being the only male in the room. :-[
Yes, they do like to give you an audience. I had a nurse sitting by my head and the consultant and two students at the business end. The consultant insisted on showing me the pictures. He said the camera was in what he called the J manoeuvre, where it bends around so you can see where it comes in. I asked him to do me a favour and straighten it out before he pulled it out. He didn't even smile.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bob Tidbury

Rather you than me that sounds very embarrassing and a bit painful  I think I would have to be knocked out before anything like that  took place Im a complete cowered and proud to be when it comes to that sort of thing I even .have to be knocked out when I have the camera down my throat every two years .
Bob Tidbury

stevewalker

Before my wife retrained as a psychiatric nurse, she was a general nurse. She spent quite a long time working in an endoscopy unit. A couple of years ago she was in a team meeting discussing psychiatric patients and one, who also had physical problems, had been referred for ERCP. The whole team looked blank. They looked completely amazed when she just trotted out, without hesitation, "Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography." I can't even say it!

Bob Tidbury

Just spent a very nice afternoon at the Bag Laddies club running day I  ran my class 58 on my  coal train and my Wrexham and Shropshire set and also cheated a bit and gave my Chiltern 68 a run with the same set of coaches .
These guys really are a friendly bunch they allways make me so welcome.
If you are looking for a club and you live near Reading you need to get in touch with them  one of the best clubs I've known .
Hailstone even picks me up and brings me home as I dont have my own car now.
A BIG THANKYOU TO ALL THE MEMBERS ESPECIALLY HAILSTONE.
Bob Tidbury

Delboy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on April 20, 2018, 03:52:50 PM
Rather you than me that sounds very embarrassing and a bit painful  I think I would have to be knocked out before anything like that  took place Im a complete cowered and proud to be when it comes to that sort of thing I even .have to be knocked out when I have the camera down my throat every two years .
Bob Tidbury

Bob,
I can assure you there is nothing to it. I have had a urology check up every year for 5 years since I was diagnosed with the big C -  bladder tumours. Thankfully go them in time and I had the all clear. As has been suggested, no one should baulk at going to the docs if they see any sort of blood when passing.  My wife, an ex nurse, persuaded me to go and as far as I am concerned, it saved my life.
Next month will be my 6th and final checkup before they discharge me.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

dannyboy

Good news Delboy. I have to repeat your good advice about going to the Doc' - although I would add, go if anything is not right, not just blood in the urine. In my case. it took over three years and 3 biopsies, (amongst other things  :-[), but the Doc's are just running a 'watching brief' now, along with the daily tablet.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Delboy

Quote from: dannyboy on May 20, 2018, 05:24:43 PM
Good news Delboy. I have to repeat your good advice about going to the Doc' - although I would add, go if anything is not right, not just blood in the urine. In my case. it took over three years and 3 biopsies, (amongst other things  :-[), but the Doc's are just running a 'watching brief' now, along with the daily tablet.
I agree completely with dannyboy.
:thumbsup:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

stevewalker

Just returned from a family wedding in Leitrim  :)  it made a great change from us all only getting together for the numerous funerals in the last few years  :(

dannyboy

Lovely Leitrim - my adopted home.  :thumbsup:. Hope the wedding went well.
David.

stevewalker

It certainly did. I was careless in that last post though - although much of the family is in Leitrim, the actual event was in Co. Sligo. Either way, a good family get together is great.

dannyboy

Sligo is nearly as nice as Leitrim  :)
David.

stevewalker

We get to see it all. When coming over for holidays, we stay in Donegal (about three miles North of Ballyshannon), but visit family in Leitrim, Sligo and Fermanagh.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations