Decorating when on holidays is a negative....but a couple of upsides as well!

Started by sparky, September 29, 2014, 05:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

I have some time off work to completely redecorate our master bedroom floor to ceiling... Anyway its not all bad news....I took up the bedroom carpet yesterday and emptied the bed drawers as we are replacing the bed as well...came across my old spotting books and intercity railway society mags along with an original rail atlas of Britain..slowed the carpet removal no end !!..second up side was I took the carpet up in one piece about 13 ft square...just fitted it in the garage under and around my layout...no more cold concrete floors...anyway back to the decorating in the morning...

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on September 29, 2014, 09:25:44 PM
Another up side is it might gain you a few brownie points, too :D

But they won't be any good to him as he would be in the cubs not the brownies  >:D

Bealman

That carpet is a bonus... when I put carpet down on concrete around my layout the improvement in comfort level was immediately noticeable.

A bonus definitely!!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

sparky

Yes the carpet has transformed the garage to something much better to both walk on but most importantly to lie upside down on when fiddling with power wires and points...hopefully  I will get less bruised and battered now..it is supposed to be fun !

Bealman

sparky

All done and looking good...brownie points banked...my missus very happy and wants my Christmas list...now that's more like it.. :D

Bealman

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations