The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

At least there's MotoGP on BBC 2 later on tonight.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bikeracer on July 29, 2012, 06:58:24 PM
At least there's MotoGP on BBC 2 later on tonight.

Allan

Laguna Seca generally sorts the men from the boys :thumbsup:

longbridge

I am enjoying watching about an hour or two of the Olympics each day and to be honest its about the only sport I really watch.

I used to watch other sport years ago but got sick and tired of watching it, the TV News has 15 minutes of Political Brainwashing plus Murders and 15 minutes of hearing about sportsmen and women being worshiped like Gods.

What beats me is that people bet on everything, the even gave the odds as to who would carry the flag at the Olympic opening.

I do feel sorry for sports people though as the pressure put on them by the idiot media loonys must be overbearing.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Skyline2uk

My fellow members of the n gauge forum. Felt complelled to make use of the Angry Thread as I am indeed very angry and upset by the behaviour of a company and I wanted to warn you of there behaviour.

As some may know from my layout thread, I am in the process of moving. I am leaving a house "managed" (and I use the word in its vaugest possible sense) by Andrews Property Services.

Over the last year they have been a source of constant worry and financial burden to me. They are very expensive for agencies fees, they won't let you go on anything longer than a six month contract and charge your £50 each time you renew (for what? In my case a badly printed contract riddled with errors) and they provided me with a house with a long list of faults. Recently they have damaged a fence whilst proping up a for rent sign.

The final straw has been that me new agency (so far, very professional) have just informed me they still need a refernce from Andrews. Inqueries have shown that Andrews have known about this for weeks and not bothered to do anything about it because "they are waiting for a £30 fee". They have now put my new home at risk by there utter incompotence.

I urge you to not get involved with this ridiculous company if you can at all avoid them.

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

Oh dear, been there myself a few years back with a Letting Agency near Cambridge which I won't mention  :(

Six month renewals with a fee every time, failed to inform us it was her OWN house she was renting to us, and wouldn't leave us alone. When we moved out she came round and started shouting at us for no reason, so I threw the house keys at her and told her where she could shove her house  ;D After we left she tried to charge us (out of our deposit) over £100 for gardening (?), and £300 for replacement of a kitchen roller-blind she said we "stained" - stain was there when we moved in, and after ringing the blinds company they happily told us she had chosen THE most expensive one they sold, to replace one that cost no more than 30 quid!!

We contacted our local Trading Standards only to be told they knew about her very well and already had a thick file full of complaints, so if we could supply any evidence to add to their file they would soon be acting upon it. Soon after this the gardening charge got reduced to £50 and the blind cost was removed altogether, so she must have been 'paid a visit' I guess  ;)

Paul

longbridge

Crikey if Australians had to put up with the things British renters have to contend with there would be a war, the only thing they ask you to do in a lease is pay for the carpets to be cleaned if and when you vacate the property.

I was thinking off returning home one day and if I did I would have to rent, reading things like this and other things and I am rapidly changing my mind.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Before I bought my bungalow, I rented a hovel for 2 x 6 month contracts. When I first went to see it, I took photos of everything wrong with it, e mailed them to the letting agency and made them acknowledge receipt. Then I called them out for every little thing that subsequently went wrong, fell off the walls etc.
When I left I got my full deposit returned as there was nothing they could prove was my fault because on the exit inspection I had all the same photos with me ;D

Sprintex

Quote from: oldrailbug on July 31, 2012, 09:23:29 PM
Crikey if Australians had to put up with the things British renters have to contend with there would be a war, the only thing they ask you to do in a lease is pay for the carpets to be cleaned if and when you vacate the property.

Same here regarding carpet cleaning usually. These are worst-case scenarios don't forget, we've been in our current rented house for four years without problem, the landlord is a great bloke and we have no bother or spurious charges  :thumbsup:

Paul

longbridge

Very annoyed at the Australian Sports Media, they have been carrying on like a load of headless chickens because the Aussie swim team failed to bring home Gold in the Olympics.

The pressure the media and swim team officials put on these kids by virtually telling them that they are unbeatable is disgraceful, when they get beat the media starts the blame game and point the finger at individual swimmers for not pulling their weight.

Every excuse in the book as been made for them not winning gold including lack of sleep and using Faceache and Twitter, not much mention of the swimmers that swam faster and won gold they just want to moan, as for the 16 year old girl that swims like a torpedo they were positive that she was on drugs, pleased she was tested and found to be clean now the media can shut up about that.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Oldman

Mobile phone signals . Was working fine on all the networks we normally use this morning. Not even 2G 
now on any since lunchtime.
Taken me 10 mins to post this
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 02, 2012, 09:06:20 AM
Very annoyed at the Australian Sports Media, they have been carrying on like a load of headless chickens because the Aussie swim team failed to bring home Gold in the Olympics.

Agree but it will soon be over  :claphappy:
The first night I tried to congratulate the locals as the italians had won a gold in the archery...... All I got was sympathetic comments like... you watched it ???
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

longbridge

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on August 09, 2012, 10:23:13 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on August 02, 2012, 09:06:20 AM

Agree but it will soon be over  :claphappy:
The first night I tried to congratulate the locals as the italians had won a gold in the archery...... All I got was sympathetic comments like... you watched it ???

:D Obviously the Italians have more important things to do but watch sport, good luck to them  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Oldman

Still got ****mobile phone service.  Basic WAP and using mobile site only       Grrrrrrrrr
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Tank

I had an accident at work last night when drilling some metal.  It was too far to go and get my DeWalt drill bits, so I used the cheap Titan ones that we have in the workshop.  The drill bit snapped as I was pushing down on the drill, and I went forwards at the same time, resulting in a broken 5.5mm drill bit going into my thumb, just below the nail. :doh:  I had to jog down to the First Aid room with my arm in the air and blood trickling down my arm!!!  Anyway, I was determined not to go to hospital and the bandage I found seemed to stop the blood.  This morning I aired it, but there was a very slow trickle of blood.  Off to work soon, and I've just superglued it, which has stopped it bleeding......for now!  My wife can't look at it! ;D

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear that - bet it stings like a stingy thing that's been stung :confused2:
What is it about the Admin side and hand tools ::)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations