refurbing some trees

Started by Alex, May 01, 2012, 07:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi,

Last year I bought 6 packs of Lone Star trees from Ebay. They are still in their packs as I didn't like the look of them.

At the weekend I ordered some stuff from Hattons. Among the items were was a pack of Woodland Scenics course turf. This was for some scenic work on the layout.

I remember reading a while back about spraying trees in varnish and dipping them in scenic scatter to improve their looks. I dug out the Lone Star trees and tried it out. I sprayed a couple of trees with varnish and dipped them in the turf. They look not too bad. Probably need another dipping once the first coat has dried. It may actually be better if I have 2-3 shades of the turf.

I'll get another couple of packets of the turf and try some more. While not brilliant it does improve them somewhat and they will be used at the back of the layout where it is darker.

Alex

scotsoft

They look much improved with just the one covering and if you mix the colours that will help greatly.  It's a good feeling when you can rescue a bad buy like that  :thumbsup:

Alex

Hi John,

Thanks. If I remember correctly they only cost a few quid, but there are 36 trees in total so they'll be put to good use. Did a bit more to the layout tonight scenic wise.

Alex :wave:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations