I want to join the club

Started by tgv_obsessed, April 28, 2012, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: Pendy on May 07, 2012, 07:05:37 PM
Just been looking at articles on the Italian NTV service and the AGV in May's Modern Railways. They look to be stunning trains. Would love to see them in N - particularly from Kato.

speaking of the italian pendolino, I remember travelling on it in the early 1990s- was an excellent highlight of interailing - we had to pay a supplement to travel like that.

almost made up for not traveling on a tgv on that trip.
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

EddieA

Hi Dodger

As I remember, initial reports of the running properties of the 225 MK4 coaches were maybe less than favourable at even 125mph(?) so 140 might have been considered optimistic.

But...

As an amateur I was only mentioning what I thought I remembered as regards the APT - and I saw it only once on trial and was blown away as it snaked through the curves. Who knows what a bit more money, or commitment, could have produced? (Probably getting into 'politics' here so maybe better not to go down that line...)

Back to models:-
Yup, I would like an IC225 train in GNER livery before it was 'disfigured', in my opinion, with the orange doors. But I do realise the reasons for that change.

I would also like a TGV set as having travelled on these several times in France they also have the 'wow factor'. Probably the best comment was from my other half who had fallen asleep as we left Reims back to Paris and woke up half way through the journey: "we're not going very fast" Having counted the mile (kilometre) posts I was able to tell her that the train was going at full pelt... But the ride was so smooth that the passengers would not realise the speed.

Only thing I need is a railway shed big enough....

EddieA

"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations