silly question re Scotrail scheme

Started by guest311, June 21, 2018, 06:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

am I right in assuming that this

http://www.hattons.co.uk/182045/Graham_Farish_374_017_Mk1_TSO_second_open_in_Regional_Railways_livery/StockDetail.aspx

would need more than the regional railway removing and replacing with scotrail ?

a quick search for photos on Bing suggest the blue band along the windows would need repainting into a dark grey, or even black.

crewearpley40

thats correct, typical seen on the birmingham - crewe - holyheads, around manchester and york - liverpools routes when marshalled with transpennine stock, those years ago

MJKERR

This is the later livery, used once the earlier ScotRail livery on loco hauled services had been replaced by Class 158 units and ironically to supplement services to release Class 158 units, and several Mark 2 coaches carried this livery in Scotland with "SCOTRAIL" logos
One Class 37/4 also carried this livery with "SCOTRAIL" logos (37427)

Sadly no Mark 1 coaches in Scotland carried this livery

Routes :
Glasgow QS - Fort William
Inverness - Edinburgh
Inverness - Glasgow QS
Inverness - Aberdeen
Inverness - Thurso
Inverness - Kyle

njee20

Were there any mk1 TSOs in Scotrail livery? I know there were BGs and mk2s, but mk1s?

Edit: having reread Marcus's post I see not, didn't think so.

MJKERR

Quote from: njee20 on June 21, 2018, 07:36:47 PM
Were there any mk1 TSOs in Scotrail livery? I know there were BGs and mk2s, but mk1s?
There were no BG in this livery either, only Mark 2 ventilated (2, 2A, 2B and possibly 2C)
TSO, BFK, BSO, and possible TSO(T) and BSO(T)

A slight exception were the Mark 1 NSE coaches, which had the red stripe replaced by a light blue stripe
However, they were short lived and replaced by Mark 2 coaches

Equally, there were no Mark 1 in the earlier livery either, only a small number of BG / NEX

njee20

Scotrail BG...?

I think we're talking at cross purposes though, you seem to be talking about Regional Railways, like the OP linked to, not Scotrail, which he's talking about...?

So... OP to answer your question, yes if you want to repaint a Regional Railways coach into Scotrail livery you need to repaint the window stripe into dark grey, not sure if it's falcon grey or executive dark grey (or neither). However, it would be totally fictitious, as AFAIK the only coaches to receive Scotrail livery were mk1 BGs, Mk2Es, DBSOs and mk3s.

Conversely Regional Railways stock operated far further south, but they were the mk1s and mk2A/B/C as MJKERR listed.   

scruff

There were definitely some early Mk2 a/b/c coaches in Scotrail livery.

They were painted executive dark and light grey with provincial light blue and rail white stripes..

Cheers
Mark

Steven B

Other than the BG, I don't think any other Mk1s received the exec dark grey, white, light blue and exec light grey colours of "Scotrail". Plenty of Blue-grey liveried Mk1s received "Scotrail" wording though.

Scotrail colours were applied to Mk2 (air-con and non-aircon), Mk3s and a number of class 47s.

Steven B.

guest311

many thanks for all the replies, I'll forget this idea and just have the Dapol mk.3s in Scotrail as received.

again, thanks

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations