what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

the kids whinging about having to set the dinner table after having been up all night and day at fire calls due to storms :veryangry:

longbridge

Quote from: 1936ace on February 24, 2013, 06:31:14 AM
the kids whinging about having to set the dinner table after having been up all night and day at fire calls due to storms :veryangry:

Hope everything is OK with you folks in the Hunter Valley, bad news is we in SE Qld are just about to get another 200mm of rain over the next two days, here's hoping it doesn't hit NSW like the last lot.

Between bush fires and floods things are pretty grim for us Aussies.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

For me, one of the greatest bands of all time. I saw them on their farewell tour in Bristol when John Sykes was playing alongside Scott Gorham :music:

THIN LIZZY [ THE SUN GOES DOWN ] LIVE.

1936ace

Quote from: longbridge on February 24, 2013, 09:01:52 AM

Hope everything is OK with you folks in the Hunter Valley, bad news is we in SE Qld are just about to get another 200mm of rain over the next two days, here's hoping it doesn't hit NSW like the last lot.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes. I have been away for four days at work as I'm a fire fighter in Sydney and we get got smashed on the four day especially last night out all night in the rain trees on power lines etc water thru roofs etc. last month our levee banks held up and I came home today to find the river each side of our home well up over the bank but levee still good but the water has not come down stream yet and they received heaps of rain up further in the valley.
We had just over 5 inch in a day one of the guys at work has a better half in buddy and the house went under, he felt a bit helpless as he could not get up there in time.
Anyway thanks again
Bart

longbridge

Quote from: 1936ace on February 24, 2013, 10:14:22 AM
Quote from: longbridge on February 24, 2013, 09:01:52 AM

Hey mate,

Thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes. I have been away for four days at work as I'm a fire fighter in Sydney and we get got smashed on the four day especially last night out all night in the rain trees on power lines etc water thru roofs etc. last month our levee banks held up and I came home today to find the river each side of our home well up over the bank but levee still good but the water has not come down stream yet and they received heaps of rain up further in the valley.
We had just over 5 inch in a day one of the guys at work has a better half in buddy and the house went under, he felt a bit helpless as he could not get up there in time.
Anyway thanks again
Bart

Fingers crossed for the whole of NSW, even though I spent half of my life in Vic NSW is my favorite state.

Things have been pretty bad with the fires around Coonabarabran and further south, our thoughts are with everyone effected by fire and flood, hard to imagine how people can cope
but I guess they have to, keep safe.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Quote from: newportnobby on February 24, 2013, 09:39:21 AM
For me, one of the greatest bands of all time. I saw them on their farewell tour in Bristol when John Sykes was playing alongside Scott Gorham :music:

Great band Mike, the Irish sure put out some great rock music with the likes of Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher, Phil Lynott was a great rock singer, wont go into U2 sadly they never did anything for me, not gutsy enough  :thumbsdown:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Tank

My Silent Wake - Tunnels.  Sung by our own Elvinley!

:headbang: :music:

EtchedPixels

Listening to Swansea win the league cup.. pub will be mental tonight
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Wes Harrison one of the funniest Sound Effects comedians of all time, Car Crashes, Train Sounds and much more, the bloke is a genius.

Only found this one yesterday but had a mate that had it on LP back in the 60s and have been looking for a copy ever since.

Well worth listening to the end.

Wes Harrison "YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EARS"© 1963
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Sprintex

Never heard of him before but impressive listening to that :thumbsup:

Put me in mind of Michael Winslow from the Police Academy films, another very talented sound artiste ;)

Paul

Dock Shunter

Quote from: longbridge on February 24, 2013, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 24, 2013, 09:39:21 AM

Great band Mike, the Irish sure put out some great rock music with the likes of Thin Lizzy and Rory Gallagher.

Add the Horslips in there Dave and you have the best of Irish rock music.
Rory will always be number 1 for me though..... :thumbsup:

petercharlesfagg

Electronica "Munich Syndrome" and one of my favourites "Revenge".
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

dean thom

mixdowns of a couple of tracks ive recorded. very quietly to be able to hear anything that jumps out. then average to get an overall feel of the mix. then loud to hear how the bass part of the spectrum reacts. boring but neccessary.

Geoff

On a different note I am listening to all the seagulls on the roof at work and if they do not scarper soon they will be listening to me shoeing them away..  :P
Geoff

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations