Oh dear it's happened I am getting OLD!

Started by acko22, October 15, 2018, 10:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acko22

Right so where to begin, well I didn't think I was that old but......

SO I was travelling home the other night as my train came to a halt at Manchester Oxford Road and on the opposite platform was a group of young ladies no more than 4 years older than my daughter on a night out i am guessing and how do I put this..... what they were wearing can only be describe as rubber adult attire (The is a family forum after all), and the only thing I could think was:

WHO WOULD LET THEIR KIDS GO OUT LIKE THAT!

At the time I wouldn't be surprised if I tutted on getting home I even told the other half and her response was "shut up you old fart", and that's when it hit me! I have become the grumpy old man, going for young joyful and full of cheer it seems that is all behind me!

So young me RIP, the old man is here (and yes I was grumpy anyway so whats your point @Only Me @red_death , you both know what my response in person is likely to be  :smiley-laughing: )
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Snowwolflair

It's nothing to do with being old, its because you have a daughter and the future suddenly worried you.  8)

acko22

Quote from: Snowwolflair on October 15, 2018, 11:02:04 PM
It's nothing to do with being old, its because you have a daughter and the future suddenly worried you.  8)

She aint never going out like that lol, dont say thing like that to me :'(
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Tank

I thought it was going to end with them laughing at you and shouting at you 'OI GRANDDAD!'....so I'm glad it had a happier ending!!!  :D

Skyline2uk

Sorry, even if I wasn't also getting old (I am), the aforementioned outfit style and material has been forever ruined for me by one Mr Sutton @37058 and his stag do photos  :o :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

mickeyflinn

Quote from: acko22 on October 15, 2018, 11:11:38 PM
She aint never..............

Isn't that a double negative, which then turns into a positive?
So that means she WILL be allowed to go out in the aforementioned attire :D :D :D :D!!!

The Q

The other Day they were doing a piece on Local Radio about why men are giving School girls, Cat calls, wolf whistles,and harrassing them. One school girls asked why men are treating them Like sex objects.
When I drive past 3 secondary schools on the way home I'm wondering why the school uniformed girls are allowed to wear skirts that are what I describe as a wide belt... Some of the mothers outside the primary schools aren't much better.

When did I first feel old?

When on the way to a show, we could see the building, but an impossible one way system stopped us getting there. So we asked a policeman, He looked like he should still be at school... that was 30 years ago... I'm only 60... (it had to be thirty years ago to find a policeman!!)

Bob Tidbury

In High Wycombe we have a grammar school and a girls High School at the top of Marlow hill Val and Me were taking some rubbish up to the tip and as we went past the girls were coming out of the gate , and the first thing they did was rolled  their skirts up to what has been allready described as a wide belt .
Val looked at them and said to me that they do that and then wonder why the boys crowd round and wolf whistle and call out to them or worse ,even Val said boys are only human and if the goods are on display like that what do the girls expect ,we all know what happens sometimes and it's wrong BUT is there any need to encourage it like that and then cry afterwards.
Bob Tidbury

martyn

Your body ages..........your brain still says you are only 22 and handsome......:O))

Martyn

Newportnobby

As a newcomer to the official Senior Citizen Club this month, I have long despaired about the way youngsters think and act, and can't help believing much is down to peer pressure/social media.
However, my mother (aged a young 85), has told us kids of her school days when skirts had to come below the knee in fear of dire punishment, yet as soon as they were off the school premises the girls used to put a tuck in the skirt such that it came above the knee.
Plus ca change, eh?

guest311

Quote from: acko22 on October 15, 2018, 10:34:23 PM
you both know what my response in person is likely to be  :smiley-laughing: )

at a rough guess, might it include precision application of various types of high explosive  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on October 16, 2018, 10:48:12 AM
Quote from: acko22 on October 15, 2018, 10:34:23 PM
you both know what my response in person is likely to be  :smiley-laughing: )

at a rough guess, might it include precision application of various types of high explosive  :smiley-laughing:

I think 'insertion' might be more worrying :worried:

PaulCheffus

Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Snowwolflair

For all you know they are borrowing their mums clothes.  :goggleeyes:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66