!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Southgrove - modular layout based on Kato Unitrack  (Read 10231 times)

Offline gc4946

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 5936
    • Awards
Re: Southgrove - modular layout based on Kato Unitrack
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2018, 01:56:30 pm »
My purchases were collected from Argos (the 2nd hand buildings off Ebay) and the sorting office (Kato DioTown road sections)

I fancied the Tomix condominium (no. 4034) because the architecture, especially the rear staircase, reminded me of the Brutalist style used in the demolished Tricorn shopping centre in Portsmouth

http://brutalism.online/brutalist-buildings/13-uk/209-tricorn-centre-portsmouth-england

The Kato station building will be investigated for anglicising or adaptation as a pub.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:05:02 pm by gc4946 »

Online ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2018, 02:46:51 pm »
I fancied the Tomix condominium (no. 4034) because the architecture, especially the rear staircase, reminded me of the Brutalist style used in the demolished Tricorn shopping centre in Portsmouth
I remember as a student frequenting Granny's Nightspot at the Tricorn in 1982.  The place was falling apart even by then!
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline gc4946

• Awards
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2018, 12:10:21 am »
I've no room to reproduce the Tricorn with the space at my disposal at home!

However if I can prepare a suitable design, because Brutalist architecture is rarely modelled, something might appear on Southgrove at some time in the future.

Offline gc4946

• Awards
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2018, 12:52:43 pm »
Having looked at Farish's intentions elsewhere, I'll spend my hard-earned income on buildings, track and accessories.

I'm not ruling out buying Scenecraft's Sheffield Park station buildings and/or a South West Trains 450 when they're released.

Offline gc4946

• Awards
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2018, 11:21:10 am »
This week, I resumed plastic-bashing.

I dismantled Kato's station building, it's easy to do as it's held on by clips and cut up the platform base and approach.

The entire front approach, once cleaned up, will be attached to a standard double track platform which will have a small building and footbridge to make it all self-contained (below)

The rest of the base has been cut up to form a terminus module (below)

As the building will now be too big for the platforms, it'll be reused, probably as a pub (below)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:23:24 am by gc4946 »

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
January Donations

Advertise Here