A quick hi

Started by NTrain, March 18, 2011, 11:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTrain

I am Bob Davies. Trying hard to get various N Gauge kits onto the market, in co-operation with Adam Warr, Electra Railway Graphics.

I currently sell various N Gauge accessories via my eBay shop, and at, currently, 2 shows per year. DEMU Showcase and The International N Gauge Show.

Feel free to offer suggestions on the development work. There has recently been a lull in all of this stuff as I moved from a house into a first floor flat and finding space to do anything is difficult.

Tank

Welcome to the forum Bob!

Great to have you on here, and I look forward to seeing yours and Adams future projects.  :thumbsup:

Also, I can't wait to get my new Networker cab ends.   ;) :D

:NGF:

cupoftea

Welcome Bob

Good luck with your venture. I would be interested in the 101 chassis when it appears.

NTrain

Class 501 ends are basically available. Adam has done a test of them and they seem to fit ok.

The test 101 chassis has been a good runner, in general, apart from a decided need to short circuit when I least expect it. I have modified the basic design, and subject to finding space for the milling machine, is waiting for a master to be machined, so I can make a mould for the white metal casting.

Mustermark

Hi Bob,  Welcome to the forum. 
The 3D printing sounds impressive and exciting. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the possibility of clear Class 166 cab ends too! ;D
Good luck, and keep us posted with photos.
Mark.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

Clear cab ends? Wow, nice!  I can't wait for my new pair and cut out the windows....if the missus lets me in the workshop of course.   :-\   :thumbsdown:

Chris

Welcome to the forum Bob. What part of Norfolk are you in?

porkie

welcome to the site fella
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

NTrain

Quote from: Tank on March 19, 2011, 04:32:26 PM
Clear cab ends? Wow, nice!  I can't wait for my new pair and cut out the windows....if the missus lets me in the workshop of course.   :-\   :thumbsdown:

Clear resin casting is something I am trying to set up the equipment for.

NTrain

Quote from: Chris on March 19, 2011, 08:59:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Bob. What part of Norfolk are you in?

Sunny Hunny (Hunstanton)

NTrain

Chris, your 165 cabs are in the post. With a little extra suprise as well.

These have been cast using the original mould, which has a split. I will be making up a new mould, but this will take a few days.

Tank

Superb, thanks Bob!  And I'm excited about the extra surprise too. ;D :thumbsup:  Cheers mate. :beers:

Mustermark

Quote from: NTrain on March 22, 2011, 02:38:24 PM
Chris, your 165 cabs are in the post. With a little extra suprise as well.

These have been cast using the original mould, which has a split. I will be making up a new mould, but this will take a few days.

Bob, Great to hear the cab end mould is being used - but very sorry to hear it has a split. ???  :(

Hope it's not too much trouble making a new one.  Will you use the original cab end for the new mould?

Chris, don't forget photos of your 166.:camera:   I will post mine too...  :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Tank

Will do buddy.  I'm on the look out for a 3 Car 170 though.   :'( :'( :'(

NTrain

Quote from: Mustermark on March 22, 2011, 05:18:22 PM
Bob, Great to hear the cab end mould is being used - but very sorry to hear it has a split. ???  :(

Hope it's not too much trouble making a new one.  Will you use the original cab end for the new mould?

Chris, don't forget photos of your 166.:camera:   I will post mine too...  :thumbsup:

No trouble whatsoever. I will use a couple of castings and do a minor tidy up, then make a mould so I can cast 2 at a time. I degass the silicon rubber and generally get good quality moulds that last a long time.

I have just made enquiries about clear resin, as the one I had been tessting is no longer available.

Adam and I will try to make good use of this and will be doing these cabs in assossiation with others we already have in hand.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations