Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Quote from: Kipper on April 14, 2014, 08:49:00 PM
Being neighbourly, last week I weedkillered the gravel strip between my house and the next one. Yesterday, my neighbour was on his hands and knees pulling the weeds up by hand. I tried to tell him I had put weedkiller on, and he agreed they were dying, which is why he was pulling them up. As he is Vietnamese, with a poor grasp of English, I think we had a misunderstanding!

Are you sure they weren't his Canabis plants!  ;D
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

daveg

Quote from: MinZaPint on April 15, 2014, 03:29:50 PM
Quote from: Kipper on April 14, 2014, 08:49:00 PM
Being neighbourly, last week I weedkillered the gravel strip between my house and the next one. Yesterday, my neighbour was on his hands and knees pulling the weeds up by hand. I tried to tell him I had put weedkiller on, and he agreed they were dying, which is why he was pulling them up. As he is Vietnamese, with a poor grasp of English, I think we had a misunderstanding!

Are you sure they weren't his Canabis plants!  ;D

That's his dreams up in smoke, then!  :laughabovepost:

Dave G

Kipper

No, round this neck of the woods, it's the English that grow them. He and his wife get their "highs" at work, doing finger (and toe) nail extensions, breathing in the fumes all day.

Tank

LOL Kipper!

We had great news today as we were told that our eldest got his place in the primary school that we wanted.  :) :) :)

Caz

Great news Chris, always a worry which school to go to as it can make a big, big difference in the long term.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Tank

Thanks Caz.  Yes, it's been a worry!  :)

Kipper

Our local council are renowned for sending kids past two primary schools, before they reach the one they have been given. Kids (and cars) going backwards and forwards all morning and afternoon. When I was a lad, that would have been good reason for an inter-school punch up - but we was a rough lot!

Trainfish

Quote from: Kipper on April 16, 2014, 07:42:59 PM
Kids (and cars) going backwards and forwards all morning and afternoon. When I was a lad, that would have been good reason for an inter-school punch up - but we was a rough lot!

Unfortunately as kids all seem to get taken to school in cars these days we won't see the punch-ups like we used to. Those were the days!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Trainfish on April 17, 2014, 01:15:42 AM
en to school in cars these days we won't see the punch-ups like we used to. Those were the days!

They troll each other on facebook and twitter now instead
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Calnefoxile

Right, surely SkyBet can now start wrapping blue and white ribbons around the handles of the Championship title  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

UTF

Regards

Neal.

Oldun

My son went shopping this morning, came back with a new Sony 32" HD TV + internal HD freeview tuner.

Jokingly asked 'where's mine'  :)

They didn't have a 40" in stock - its being delivered on the 23rd  :jawdropping:

Nice lad  :thumbsup:

Roger

Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

scotsoft

Quote from: Oldun on April 19, 2014, 03:13:43 PM
My son went shopping this morning, came back with a new Sony 32" HD TV + internal HD freeview tuner.

Jokingly asked 'where's mine'  :)

They didn't have a 40" in stock - its being delivered on the 23rd  :jawdropping:

Nice lad  :thumbsup:

Roger

You have obviously brought him up the right way Roger  :thumbsup:

Do you know if you can connect it to the internet?
I am able to do that with my TV and watching You Tube videos on a big screen while in a comfy chair is bliss  :D

cheers John.

Oldun

Do you know if you can connect it to the internet?

If you mean 'all the bells, knobs and whistles' then the answer is yes  :D

Should be fun linking  :-X it up on Wednesday  :)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

scotsoft

I am sorry to disappoint you Roger but it does it all automatically, all you have to do is either plug it into your modem or connect it by Wi-Fi.  It will probably update itself then you are good to go  :D

After I did my tv, I went back to the shop where I bought it from and where one of my neighbours works and told him I had a complaint about the setup.  He asked what it was and I told him it was far too easy as the tv did it all by itself  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

What a cracking surprise, Roger :thumbsup:
Makes a nice change rather than hearing the Bank of Mum & Dad got hammered :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations