Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Geoff on April 04, 2013, 03:01:19 PM
So happy folks just have to tell you all that I am going to be a Grandfather in August, just been been told it will be a boy, so its Thomas the tank engine time.

:bounce: :bounce:

Hearty congratulations, Geoff :beers:

daveg

Quote from: Geoff on April 04, 2013, 03:01:19 PM
So happy folks just have to tell you all that I am going to be a Grandfather in August, just been been told it will be a boy, so its Thomas the tank engine time.

:bounce: :bounce:

Congrats Grandpa!  :beers:  Exciting times ahead.

I'm soon to be made a Great Uncle so yet another teddy purchased and awaiting delivery!  :heart:

Dave G

Geoff

Thanks guys just one happy and proud man today happy days.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on April 04, 2013, 09:10:16 PM

I'm soon to be made a Great Uncle so yet another teddy purchased and awaiting delivery!  :heart:

Dave G

That'll be a class 14 then, Dave ;)

longbridge

Congratulations and great its a boy, hope you do better than I did my Grandsons seem to have more fun dancing in front of a Wi or gazing into a monitor  :doh: couldn't convert one out of 17.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on April 04, 2013, 09:43:54 PM

Dave G

That's not only funny but ever so slightly weird!

I was at school in Swindon, leaving the town as the class 14's were being built (1964 ish). Saw the beginning of the end of the huge works there. A wondrous place to go around!

Dave G

Geoff

Quote from: daveg on April 04, 2013, 10:12:10 PM

Dave G

I was at school in Swindon, leaving the town as the class 14's were being built (1964 ish). Saw the beginning of the end of the huge works there. A wondrous place to go around!

Dave G

I visited the Swindon works museum last year I thought it was brilliant well worth a visit if you are in the area, we are normally up there every year so might do a revisit this year.
Geoff

Calnefoxile

Congratultions Geoff  :D

I would also like to announce the arrival of my first grandchild, ladies and gentlemen I give you Poppy Grace born 00:19 4/4/13, weighing in  at 6lbs 13oz   :bounce:  :bounce:

[smg id=4556]

Regards

Neal

P.S. Can't get used to being a grandad before I'm 50  :worried:

Geoff

Congratulations to you Neal it is one big happy feeling, I hope you have many happy times with your Granddaughter.

All the very best to the family.
Geoff

daveg

Quote from: Geoff on April 05, 2013, 09:00:10 AM
Quote from: daveg on April 04, 2013, 10:12:10 PM

Dave G

Dave G

I visited the Swindon works museum last year I thought it was brilliant well worth a visit if you are in the area, we are normally up there every year so might do a revisit this year.

I was there when Pickfords were moving the locos into the new museum,  . An exciting day and I remember seeing the tyres of the huge truck srubbing through the tarmac as it reversed its way into the building. City of Truro was the load. There's tiny picture of this at http://www.swindonweb.com/index.asp?m=8&s=116&ss=336

Dave G

EtchedPixels

Stock take complete, and the pub hasn't closed yet.

Just all the tidying up and paperwork to follow plus the usual 'wtf did that go' questions, and some re-ordering.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

davidjhope

After years of gear box issues and just living with it I decided after a few months of nightmare crunching and only being able to select reverse 1 out of 10 times I went to have it checked out only to be told a refurbish gearbox was needed at 600 quid. Went for a second opinion today. Mechanic sprayed some wd40 on the linkages  problem sorted.
One happy bunny.
I think I will treat myself to a new model.

scotsoft

Quote from: davidjhope on April 10, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

Or even two at that saving David  ;)

Well done that mechanic  :claphappy:

cheers John.

davidjhope

Quote from: scotsoft on April 10, 2013, 06:01:24 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on April 10, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

Or even two at that saving David  ;)

Well done that mechanic  :claphappy:

cheers John.

Stop it John I'm trying to resist the MRD sale.
The green peaks gone in the basket again

Phil Hendry

Quote from: davidjhope on April 10, 2013, 08:45:50 PMStop it John I'm trying to resist the MRD sale.
The green peaks gone in the basket again
Go on - you know you'll only kick yourself later if you don't buy it!!!

In other good news - just had a text from the missus to say that she's on the plane, ready for take-off - coming back from a week of business meetings in Germany.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations