LNWR Locos and Rolling Stock in N gauge

Started by Zaonite, February 23, 2012, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaonite

Hello everyone!

I'm hunting around for some LNWR locos for N gauge and the only one I can find is the Union Mills G2 (which I already have and is a very nice runner).

Does anyone else know of further loco kits etc pertaining to the LNWR?

This is so I can have a more realistic appearance of the LMS in the mid 1930s as opposed to the idealised "everything was designed by stanier" look that tends to be found.

I have sent an email to worsley works about producing the etches for a "prince of wales" class. It would only come to fruition if he had several pre-orders for them... anyone else like the sound of LNWR stock?

Thanks!
Free OO gauge card kits that can be scaled down for N gauge use!

http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk/

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Zaonite on February 23, 2012, 01:35:55 PM
I'm hunting around for some LNWR locos for N gauge and the only one I can find is the Union Mills G2 (which I already have and is a very nice runner).

Only other locos I know off offhand are the Union Mills Cauliflower (although it would need some backdating work) and the N Brass LNWR Coal Tank which has been unavailable for a very long time. Rolling stock there is a bit more available.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

PLD

In addition to the above:

Langley do a kit for a 'Prince of Wales' 4-6-2T Tank
Graham Hughes did a kit for a Precursor 4-4-0
(I have examples of both for Red Wharf Bay)

Was your query with Worseley Works for the Tender or Tank version of the PoW? I could be interested in the tender version...

Zaonite

@PLD; it was for the tender version. However, being worsley works, you would have to source a chassis for the loco body and tender.

Ever since I saw a picture of one I wanted one for my layout. Done out in LMS livery too. Basically LNWR colours with LMS insignia and numbering.

Graham Hughes does a Precursor? I'll have to go have a look for that... :D

Zaonite

I am considering doing some work on 3D printing for this stuff... Coaches and locos. Might take a while though.

Just need to find a suitable program and some technical drawings of LNWR locos!

deepeg59

Any further update in this thread? Only found the Langley PoW so far.

Irish Padre

Just noticed Union Mills have a 'Prince of Wales' out in November 13....

paulprice

Quote from: PLD on February 23, 2012, 02:42:46 PM
In addition to the above:

Langley do a kit for a 'Prince of Wales' 4-6-2T Tank
Graham Hughes did a kit for a Precursor 4-4-0
(I have examples of both for Red Wharf Bay)

Was your query with Worseley Works for the Tender or Tank version of the PoW? I could be interested in the tender version...

How did you fit the trailing wheels

Shiney Sheff

I got a green lined M7 body off a certain auction site with L.N.W.R on the tank sides. (I have the L.N.W.R Dapol gunpowder wagons) allegedly it was done by Dapol as a special edition for the NRM. Personally I have never seen the complete loco for sale before.

Bob

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations