building things and making a profit

Started by matt-b, October 27, 2011, 09:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt-b

has anyone ever build anythink, model or layout etc and made a nice little profit on it...

see if there is any good little earners out there

matt
:NGaugeForum:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: matt-b on October 27, 2011, 09:29:51 PM
see if there is any good little earners out there

Well layout building can be, but you are asking the wrong question IMHO, if there are any nice little earners that most people can do then lots of people will jump in and do them until its not worth the time. The better question is what *you* can do that other people can't do so well or lack the skills for.

I'd also suggest N scale may well be the wrong place - all the volume is in OO and all the money is in O (just look a the car park of an O gauge show!)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Fratton

i had made this for my layout thought i'd sell it as i didnt have the space for it,,, the interior wasnt finished, still made £17 on what i paid for it,,

was thinking about doing a few more of these derilict brake vans when i remake this one using the lessons learnt from the first

Charlie.

AndyGif

hmm, its all your fault i'm trying to build a heavy haul low loader now.........

Tank

Fratton, they're fantastic!  I'd certainly buy one. :thumbsup:

Chris

If you're comfortable repainting and super-detailing locos, this can be a nice earner, especially if it's something not available RTR. I've often thought about doing this, but am so pleased with my repaints that I want to keep them all!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations