Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Quote from: bluedepot on April 07, 2013, 11:50:20 PM
be sure to post the pictures of the power car on here then sprintex!  do you have to add the butters as well?

tim

I will :thumbsup: Yes I do need to add buffers, so I guess the scary bit will be taking a knife to the front valance :worried: I could've held out for a Dapol buffered version (Grand Central or Network Rail) and re-liveried but thought the correct livery to start with was more important than the buffer detail ;)

Paul

Bealman

Good thinking - especially if your repaint ability is anything like mine (ie, in my case, non-existent!). I'd certainly prefer to tackle the buffers rather than a repaint. It's a great project! Can't wait to see it! All you need now is a model of Stevenage....  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

longbridge

I love these little Union Mills locos, the lack of detail would be no problem for me as reliable running is far more important, another thing I like about UM is they release models that would never be in Dapol's or Farish's vocabulary, IMO I would rate them 10 outa 10 :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

ohlavache

Quote from: surfaceman on April 07, 2013, 09:11:44 PM
And Colin Heard's latest release :

ex-LSWR Adams 395 Class - SR No. 3441 :

Many thanks for this photo and your first comments on this lovely steam loco.
Do you have a picture showing the face of the loco ?

Claude Dreyfus

The latest addition to the Dreyfus Chuo line stud is making its way to me...

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=K10-426

I have managed to obtain the full 13-car set.

I already have the similar 183 'Chuo Liner', so the 189 'Azusa'...not to be confused with the Super Azusa or Azusa Kaiji - both totally different trains! - will be a welcome addition; and one I have been after for quite a while. The 183 and 189 sets are perhaps a little early for my era - although they were operating on the semi-fasts until at least fairly recently (they might even still be on some more peak-time services).

I am praying it turns up before Friday (I bought it from a shop in the UK (not GM), so I can see no reason why it would not appeare either today or tomorrow) as I can put it straight to work on Yamanouchi Oshika at this weekend's Crawley MRS show...

Matthew-peter

An odd buy for me but it was cheap and thought it may come in handy one day  :D

Also the PCA, sorry no pics but that is being modified on the work bench for my POA project.
OK who took my cake?

surfaceman

ohlavache :

Front and rear views of the UM Adams 0395 :

Rgds,

Alex

SymonC

Very pleased with my weathered B1 which arrived from Rails of Sheffield this morning.  :)

https://railsofsheffield.com/class-b1-61321-br-lined-black-late-crest-weathered-372-078-JJJA16126.aspx

Only £64.50 plus postage.

Lovely model run really well straight out of the box.

scotsoft

Quote from: SymonC on April 11, 2013, 05:21:32 PM
Very pleased with my weathered B1 which arrived from Rails of Sheffield this morning.  :)

https://railsofsheffield.com/class-b1-61321-br-lined-black-late-crest-weathered-372-078-JJJA16126.aspx

Only £64.50 plus postage.

Lovely model run really well straight out of the box.

I have just had a look at it on the Rails site and it does not look too heavy on the weathering, nice looking loco.
It is good when they run well straight out of the box as well  :claphappy:

cheers John.

johnlambert

This is a bit more contemporary than my usual purchases but represents future-proofing against nostalgia for Chiltern Railways.

I've got many fond memories of trips on Chiltern DMUs and I couldn't not have one in my collection.  Plus it means I can represent modern day running at the location I model.

My other new buy is Dapol's NSTEAM2 deluxe train set.  Gaugemaster Prodigy Express controller, Peco track, Flying Scotsman and 3 Gresley coaches.

Pengi

Love that Turbostar :thumbsup:, a terrific train - one of the finest to grace UK railways
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

ohlavache

Quote from: surfaceman on April 11, 2013, 10:33:52 AM
ohlavache :

Front and rear views of the UM Adams 0395 :

Rgds,

Alex

:thankyousign:

It's really a lovelly locomotive.  :heart2:
An Adams 0395 is requested on my layout.  :D

Duncan83

Hiya guys.

Thought I would share my new buys  :thumbsup:

I brought Two class 66`s from Hattons, These were on a good deal so couldnt say no.

First is 66301 in fastline livery.

Second class 66 is 66152 in DB Schenker livery.

I had a my first auction win in over a year this was a BR Blue class 33, runs well but does shack in ran to quick. Brought for £36

And my second win on ebay was this container wagon brought for £8.

Regards Dunk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations