Dapol CM 002 mk3 coaches.

Started by dude2112, February 28, 2017, 06:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude2112

;) Have today been bought this set of coaches  :D
Can anyone tell me what loco i now have to buy  ::) to pull these ?

Cheers Andy.

Also, can i get a restaraunt car to fit in with them.
Never Assume Anything......It makes An Ass out of U and Me.....

njee20

I don't think they have done a loco-hauled blue/grey buffet, just an HST one. You could use an IC Executive one, or a mk1 for the other end of the time period. Haulage... blue 86, if you can track one down. Plain blue 47. An 87 would suffice but there isn't an appropriate one.

CaleyDave

CAM002 is suppose to represent the MK3's allocated to the Scottish Push pull sets before repainting.

To represent the Edinburgh to Glasgow push pull you would need A Farish Blue 47/7 (either 372-243 OR 372-244) And the up and coming Farish DBSO  in Blue/Grey (374-650). (An additional Standard class coach would be required for the train to be correct length.)
47-SO-SO-SO-SO-FO-DBSO
A RMB buffet coach (374-110A) (I think is the correct one but I am still researching this area of push pull operations) could be inserted between the 47 and the first coach to represent the early years of the Glasgow-Aberdeen trains before a dedicated fleet was created. 

If you wish to ignore the SC prefix on the coaches and represent a West Coast Mainline Rake Then other people such as njee20 above are a better help than I can be.
There was a 4 windowed Dapol MK3 Restaurant car if you can find it in Blue/Grey however it represents a repaint after privatization. The correct 3 windowed MK3 restaurant cars are not produced by any current manufacturer.
A mk2 Break coach or a MK1 Full break would be ideal for a West Coast Train.

njee20

Ahhh yes, I'd forgotten the subtlety that it's a Scottish push/pull set!

scruff

The buffet cars on the Glasgow-Aberdeen services were usually mk2d TSOT. They also occasionally ran with a mk3 SLEP in the consist. I believe it was a positioning move for the sleeper.

Hope that helps...

Mark

MJKERR

As above, these are Mark 3A coaches, as allocated to ScotRail for push-pull operations

The livery is correct for a variety of locomotives, not just BR Blue and Large Logo Blue
With reference to photos you can also include the early ScotRail livery Haymarket based locos, so if you do purchase 47710 you will need to make some minor alterations

It may be some (more) time for the Farish DBSO, so you can modify a TSO into a DBSO using Electra Vinyl Graphics
As above, you will also need one additional TSO to have a correctly formed rake

As above, buffet / restaurant cars operated on the Glasgow - Aberdeen routes
However, they were only included in Aberdeen based rakes at this time
The restaurant cars were then removed from the rakes and a number of TSO converted to TSO(T)
However, again these were not normally included in rakes with Mark 3A coaches, although some did appear if substituting for a faulty Mark 3A coach or positioning back to/from Aberdeen

The Sleeper was not included in push-pull rakes until the Mark 3A CO was introduced
Equally, the Aberdeen rakes at this time were reduced by one coach, or substituting the NEA for one TSO
The Sleeper was then included on the 09:00 Aberdeen - Glasgow, removed at Glasgow on arrival by the attached 47/7

MJKERR

Quote from: CaleyDave on February 28, 2017, 08:48:17 PM
The correct 3 windowed MK3 restaurant cars are not produced by any current manufacturer.
Previous versions and old stock can still be found
Farish Mark 3 and Mark 3A RFM and TRFM

njee20

They look very odd when mixed in with a Dapol rake though. Even though I think the Farish model captures a mk3 better in some ways, the printed detail stands out against the Dapol one.

MJKERR

Quote from: njee20 on March 01, 2017, 04:39:11 AM
They look very odd when mixed in with a Dapol rake though. Even though I think the Farish model captures a mk3 better in some ways, the printed detail stands out against the Dapol one.
What looks odd, the locomotive, the Mark 1 restaurant, the Mark 2 DBSO, Farish Mark 3, Farish Mark 1 BG?

njee20

Farish mk3s mixed with Dapol mk3s IMO. The mk1s/2s are ok because they're sufficiently different anyway, but mixing the two totally different versions of the same prototype I think looks a bit odd.

MJKERR

Quote from: njee20 on March 01, 2017, 10:58:40 AM
Farish mk3s mixed with Dapol mk3s IMO. The mk1s/2s are ok because they're sufficiently different anyway, but mixing the two totally different versions of the same prototype I think looks a bit odd.
I would agree with that
For a short period I had the Farish TRFM in my rake of Dapol HST coaches
Never mind the HST power cars!

It is quite similar with the Class 66 locomotive, what should be identical but close up the differences can be seen

njee20

I'm ok with mixing the 66s! Except for the fact the Dapol ones can't pull skin off rice pudding!

class8mikado

These dont come up very often, what would be a sensible price do you think ?

njee20

Blue/grey mk3s are pretty abundant, so I'm not sure this pack is really valuable despite its scarcity unless you find someone who really wants them for the running numbers.

sg

Quote from: class8mikado on April 22, 2024, 03:49:11 PMThese dont come up very often, what would be a sensible price do you think ?
Where these the Scot Rail ones? Looking at the new MK3 price up to £150 would seem reasonable.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations