A timely reminder to watch what you say (and type).....

Started by Carmont, February 16, 2017, 02:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmont

Newportnobby

I can't tell from that statement whether the comments made were about an N gauge or 00 gauge version of the class 68. Not that I have any interest in this loco.

woodbury22uk

The culprit has been removed from the site, it appears. Discussion was about the 00 gauge Class 68 which looks like the real thing subject to some minor printing misalignment, and seems to be selling out very quickly. Appears many retailers are running low on stock and have increased their prices nearer to RRP after only a couple of days. The N gauge one in is tooling now.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

CaleyDave

Quote from: newportnobby on February 16, 2017, 04:24:43 PM
I can't tell from that statement whether the comments made were about an N gauge or 00 gauge version of the class 68. Not that I have any interest in this loco.

Delivery of the 00 gauge version has just started and it is surrounding this. I have seen accusations ranging from the plausible to petty or the completely false (claiming details were wrong when the internet is filled with pictures of the real thing isn't smart) all surrounding the paint application.

Credit to Dapol for not just working with DRS, Chiltern and Scotrail but with their engagement with people through social media in the Digest they have produced something very high quality and attractive.

Steamie+

It seems like that person has a huge problem not only with Dapol but also with himself.  :worried:

alibuchan

its a multiple personality thing. he had mutiple personal emails and all of them had beef with dapol.

To be fair I'm quite looking forward to recieving my slightly too big Chiltern 68.

Alistair

acko22

Hi guys,

Its becoming well documented now the lengths this individual has gone to in an effort to discredit anything related to Dapol, one such attempt was made against Project railway honour below is actual extractfrom a message sent to the project website:

"I have also enquired with a well known manufacturer who stated that the rumours are true. He has said You are being overcharged by dapol who are using this charities money to make up there poor financial situation, the inside knowledge person also told me that other funding is going missing and that this is about to be broken in the national press as it has been investigated by them after he tipped them off"

So as you can see this individual is more than keen to make some very dangerous comments, and well it amounts to libel!! No real surprise I haven't had the Daily Mail phone me for comment about any of this since its all an attempt to attack Dapol.

What makes it amusing on my part is they are willing to make these comments and well they don't know how the project is ran and when this message was sent the only funding was private individuals (Myself and 2 other individuals) and a rather large company who happen to own 66418 aka Patriot and at no stage will they hold any of the funds until I pay them for the models when they arrive.

This individual though really does seem have an axe to grind for what ever reason, if they had any valid comment or reason they would not try to hide behind disposable emails addresses and proxy services online and just come straight out with it with their real name in public.

Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

njee20

Also shows the importance of good grammar - if you're going on a campaign of libel, then multiple logins are no match for a there/they're confusion!

Strange fellow, clearly got some issues. Regardless of the absurdity that's not a nice message to get Gareth, although I'm sure you were able to see it for what it was.

acko22

Quote from: Herzel on February 18, 2017, 07:07:36 AM
It's a useful warning for those who have a gripe over Dapol's new pricing policy.

Herzel,

Please don't confuse having a gripe and moan about pricing etc and what has happened, we are all more than entitled to have one if we disagree with something and that's what forums are here for.
It more the matter of an individual who really is going out of their way to try to discredit anything Dapol related in any way they can including making false statements through and to 3rd parties.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

silly moo

Let's hope he doesn't get onto FaceBook, social media is a double edged sword and it would be easy for someone like him to make up all sorts of fake news.

I also think that any avenue that encourages people to report wrongdoings anonymously is wide open to abuse, anyone with a grudge against someone else can make up porkies.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations