China clay wagon help

Started by 1936ace, February 12, 2017, 04:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all,
Typical of a lot of my purchases, I bought what I thought were correct but it turns out the Peco china clay wagons I have are a little late and I should have the tented models(kernows or peco).
So I'm thinking of selling some to offset the purchase of the "proper" ones.
I have given some a test run but I'd be happy saying they are as good as new to be sold as new. What would be a good honest price for each. I don't what to profit. Is £8-10 each an honest price or not

Paddy

Personally I liked the these models too but when I investigated it transpires that the "tented" version (PECO or KMRC) are for later periods.  Pre-1970-ish you should run the flat tarpaulin version.

Hope this helps.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

njee20

QuoteIs £8-10 each an honest price or not

The market will tell you. Advertise them at £10 each. If they sell, then yes. Or just chuck them on eBay at 99p, they'll find their level.

Not sure about the "not wanting to profit", people don't have to buy at any price. Sometimes you get things at a good price and sell for more. I've done it loads, with a clear conscience.

NeMo

Quote from: 1936ace on February 12, 2017, 04:53:28 AM
Typical of a lot of my purchases, I bought what I thought were correct but it turns out the Peco china clay wagons I have are a little late and I should have the tented models(kernows or peco).

Which wagons do you have? The blue ECC 'CDA' wagons (which look a lot like the HAA coal hoppers) seem to be retailing (new, obviously) at around £13, so assuming good condition, £8-10 would be perfectly reasonable.

On the other hand, if you're modelling a china clay works of some sort, you might find the infrastructure didn't change that much between 1967 and 1987. With a few tweaks to the road vehicles perhaps, you could run a 37 hauling your CDAs or a D6300 with some flat hoods, as the mood took  you!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

1936ace

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations