The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Mrs Bealman came out of the gym last week to find this on our car.

$3000 and two weeks to get fixed. Two new doors required.  :veryangry: :veryangry: :censored:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Argh!

That's happened to me and I suspect loads of others, too.

Total ratbags those that can damaged someone else's property and not have the guts to own up.  >:D

Dave G

stevewalker

It happened to me years ago. I drove to Manchester Piccadilly station to pick up my parents. I was there about 10 minutes and when we got back to the car, the rear, nearside, passenger door was caved in. I'd only had the car a fortnight!

What made it worse was when, the next day, I had a sudden thought ... the area was covered by CCTV!

I phoned British Transport Police and was told that the cameras had been out of action for weeks. I am certain to this day that the cameras were working, but they couldn't be bothered reviewing the tapes :(

Bealman

Yeah, there are cameras where my wife was parked, but we were told the same thing.  >:(

railsquid

Gah, parents. Mine seem determined to come to Japan in autumn to see the Squidlet, which is understandable, however as both I and Mrs Squid have made clear to them twice, it's not practical at that time for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that some of us have a job and are not made of vacation.

So what do I wake up to - something to the effect "Hi, Airline X has a special offer on until Monday, we're comng for two weeks, if we can't stay with you we'll book somewhere nearby". Which is funny in itself, as there is nowhere "nearby" they can book. Gaah. :censored:

railsquid

Quote from: daveg on June 29, 2018, 08:20:49 AM
Argh!

That's happened to me and I suspect loads of others, too.

Total ratbags those that can damaged someone else's property and not have the guts to own up.  >:D

I once saw someone reverse into a parked car, leaving damage, and drive off, fortunately I had a pen and paper and left a note on the damaged car's windscreen with pertinent details, seems it was enough for the police in the locale to take some sort of action and I got a message from the owner thanking me.

Bealman

That's certainly a good deed, Ian! No such luck here, though, unfortunately.

zopadooper

Quote from: railsquid on June 30, 2018, 02:10:26 AM
Gah, parents. Mine seem determined to come to Japan in autumn to see the Squidlet, which is understandable, however as both I and Mrs Squid have made clear to them twice, it's not practical at that time for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that some of us have a job and are not made of vacation.

So what do I wake up to - something to the effect "Hi, Airline X has a special offer on until Monday, we're comng for two weeks, if we can't stay with you we'll book somewhere nearby". Which is funny in itself, as there is nowhere "nearby" they can book. Gaah. :censored:

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration just remember that your parents are getting older and won't be around for ever so why not try and enjoy them while you have got them and let them have the pleasure of seeing Squidet for a couple of weeks.

railsquid

Quote from: zopadooper on June 30, 2018, 08:49:19 AM
Quote from: railsquid on June 30, 2018, 02:10:26 AM

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration just remember that your parents are getting older and won't be around for ever so why not try and enjoy them while you have got them and let them have the pleasure of seeing Squidet for a couple of weeks.

Yes, I am fully aware of the passage of time and all that, but like I said, we have made it clear to them twice (well 3 times now) that that particular period is not practical and we will work something else out when it suits all parties (not just them).

thebrighton

Last year I came back to my car and the front bumper had been re-arranged. There was a note under the windscreen wiper but I didn't hold up much hope so imagine my surprise when it was someone owning up and leaving their phone number. I was still sceptical but a coupe of weeks later my car had been to the body shop, fully repaired and paid for in full by the note leaver. It doesn't help Mrs Bealman but there is still some hope for humanity :)

Bealman

Cheers, mate.  :thumbsup:

Always good to hear good outcomes.

Bob Tidbury

Someone left a note on Vals car once after a very minor scuff on the door .
It said someone saw me hit your car and they though I was leaving my name and address I didn't do it on purpose so tough luck.
Luckily we managed to T Cut it and polish the scuff out so it wasn't too bad.
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on June 30, 2018, 09:33:15 AM

Yes, I am fully aware of the passage of time and all that, but like I said, we have made it clear to them twice (well 3 times now) that that particular period is not practical and we will work something else out when it suits all parties (not just them).

I agree that parents, as well as children, require training. Just as they trained us when we were kids. My Mum would run rings round me if I let her (and she still tries every now and then) but I just remind her of her training and all is well :)

RailGooner

:veryangry: Absolutely disgusting gutter reporting on BBC Newsnight right now. :veryangry: Looking into the background and lifestyle of one of the Amesbury Novichok victims. :veryangry: Utter gutter journalism. :veryangry:

Ian Bowden

Today for the second time I was able to watch via my video doorbell a parcel force delivery guy knock on the door glass ignore the message suggesting  placing the parcel in the secure Dropbox next to him and leave a card telling me to go to my local post office to collect the parcel. As he didnt ring the 3 inch by 2 inch doorbell all i had was the recording, had he rung the doorbell I could have spoken to him.

If I want to complain I can use an email link that is never answered or telephone one of their service advisors at a fee of £6.00. Rewarding incompetence or is it deliberate.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations