The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: dannyboy on December 22, 2016, 01:06:32 AM
You Asda laugh really.   Sorry  :-X

I had better say "Sorry" again - I don't suppose 'Asda', (supermarket),  have got down under - heck, they ain't even got into Ireland yet! Well, they have a presence in Northern Ireland.
I can get a random assortment of Asda products in my local supermarket here in Tokyo, mainly because it and Asda are owned by Walmart.

Anyway good to see that MaccyD is reachable by public transport :P

Bealman

Never mind Maccas.... the bowling club bar more importantly  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

paulprice

I really must complain about the number of absolute bargains around at this time of year.

RETAILERS STOP IT, what are you trying to do? Get us to spend money.  :censored: :censored:

Next you will be telling us all it's CHRISTMAS ands a time for good will. Well you can take your good will and shove it where the sun does not shine...RHYL  :no:

I spend all year being a penny pinching miser, and what do you all do, you try to get me to spend money, well your not getting me....HA HA HA

Well apart from a possible Ivatt Mogul, and maybe another Landship pack, and possible an Inspectin Saloon...... :help: :help: :help:

TylerB

Grrr I feel I need to have a rant...

I have a good friend, who I like a lot and enjoy the company of, but unfortunately recently he's just been going from totally avoidable catastrophe to totally avoidable catastrophe... you can warn him and advise him and he'll smile and nod and agree, and then ignore your advice just go off and do the wrong thing again, and I'm getting to the point where I'm beginning to dread receiving messages and texts from him, because it's just so exhausting!

Anyway he doesn't read this forum so I can moan openly about him here...

Rant over  :sorrysign:

daveg

Some folk are beyond help, PP but glad you're entering into the spirit of the season!

Merry Yule and a Good 2017 to all ranters.  :wave:

Dave G

Mito

Cut the carrots and parsnips into quarters lengthways. Put them in an oven proof dish, pour some oil (not the stuff you put in engines) over them, cover the dish with tin foil and 5 mins before taking them out brush some apricot jam over them. They are cooked when the fork doesn't bend when you try to stick it in them.
Why did the pigs need blankets, were they cold? :confused1:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Jerry Howlett

Italy doesn't have parsnips!!!
Or swede or a sausage that you would want to wrap in the unsmoked bacon that is also unavailable.

Turkey Pizza anyone ?

Merry Christmas to all..

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

daffy

I notice that Italian 'pigs in blankets' recipes on the www seem to be variations on a traditional pastry crusted sausage roll, even some using chicken meat. Sacrilege.

Jerry, I found one note on the www from 2008 that might interest you:

QuoteFor those of you with parsnip withdrawal symptoms, I managed to convince friends at lunch here (Arezzo, Italy) on Sunday that they were eating roast parsnips, which they thought I had brought over from my recent trip to the UK. I found some large, purple sweet potatoes at my local ethnic shop, cut them into parsnip shapes and then roasted then in the normal way. They were delicious and are an excellent substitute.

Might be worth a try for next year, or maybe I could post you some parsnip seeds.

Have a great Christmas. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Just finished Xmas lunch (very nice too) when the phone rings. Ah I think, another Xmas cheer call but, Wrong....
Message, prerecorded, 'what with the winter weather.... etc.' Trying to sell house insulation - another junk phone call!!!
Now forgive me if I'm wrong bot today is Sunday and, Oh yes its Xmas day!! So what planet do these morons live on?? So much for the telephone preference service - complete waste of time.
Happy Xmas everyone. :veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Izzy

Have never found the TPS service to work, mainly because most calls seem to come from offshore call centres, which are not covered.

Thankfully most new BT home phones come with the 100% call blocker system which has proved the answer, and certainly saved the sanity of my very elderly in-laws who became bombarded by these type of nuisance calls - sometimes as much as 30 per hour.

I'd recommend  getting new BT phones with this feature to anyone. If you are BTcustomers you can get them direct from BT at 50% off shop price. Well we did anyway.

Izzy

Newportnobby

I know it doesn't stop the phone ringing but caller ID helps avoid nuisance calls. If I don't recognise the number, if it says "International" or "Withheld" I just leave it to ring off and then check 1571 to see if there's a message. My memory doesn't allow me to know all numbers but as I've plumbed into the directory all my friends/rellies numbers (home and mobile), the phone recognises them for me.

themadhippy

they dont bother me any more,think im on there blacklist after keeping the "microsoft virus deptment" on the line for nearly an hour and the "were ringing about your recent crash" for 45 minutes
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Just returned from the grandchildren's home after an excellent Christmas Day bouncing babies on my knee and playing with 4 year old Sophie.

Happy to be safely home, especially as the last three miles of the journey were spent following a Ford Mondeo whose driver had evidenty had a great day getting totally sozzled!  He was all over the road and on one sweeping 90 degree right hander almost clipped the opposite kerb. The central white line was his guide as he enjoyed keeping it directly between his wheels most of the time, while his speed varied wildly and all road signs and oncoming vehicles were met with sudden braking as the prat tried to register what was happening in his drunken world.

Lord, save us from the morons who drive with a total disregard for the lives of others. Thankfully I survived the encounter and will see my grandchildren again, and I hope the ******* *********** ********** (translate as you see fit) enjoys the visit he is probably getting right now from our uniformed friends - if he made it home without causing an accident. ( Wonderful things, registration plates and telephones.)

And a Merry Christmas to him.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

paulprice

I know its been mentioned before many times, but what is it with Farish and packaging?

All the rubbish from the landship pack has nearly filled next doors bin  :veryangry: :censored:

jonclox

:veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: :censored:A lousy Xmas for the grandkids and our son whilst The mum cleared off to spend a night or so with her longish timed boyfriend ?????????? :doh:
She is now back demanding our son clears out of their house and leaves her alone to enjoy herself etc etc
Poor kids havnt a clue as to whats going on and  Mark is dossing down at a friends house.
The house will have to be sold (obviously) and although its years sinse she worked she demands 50% of the results.
Feel like vwringing her  :censored: neck but I guess thats not the best idea  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP