"Guy Martin Cycling Home For Christmas" TV programme

Started by GroupC, December 31, 2016, 03:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroupC

As mentioned in another thread, this show didn't make it to air despite being listed up to 24hrs before transmission.

Apparently GM suffered an injury 800 miles into his mammoth 4800-mile trip around Britain so couldn't carry on. This was insufficient to make a 90-min programme so it's been binned, hopefully to be remade when he's ready to try it again.

Apologies if this was pointed out as an off-topic aside in any other thread but I know people were interested in watching it, and like me were wondering where it had gone.

Given that Guy readily admits he likes pain, this must have been painful indeed to warrant him giving up. Get well soon and good luck for next time, I say (if he's reading this, which somehow I doubt!).

Newportnobby

Ta muchly for the explanation. I ransacked this weeks TV mag to see if it was there.

Malc

Thanks for the info. I'm about a third of the way through my Xmas present...his "Worms to Catch" book. He's just doing the Wall of Death challenge, with a recently broken back.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Steve.T

It's a pity cause there's been nothing of note really been on all Christmas, from my point of view.
Best think I've watched has been "It's a wonderful life", again  :worried:

Steve
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

njee20

One wonders why he chose winter for such an endeavour really.

Steve.T

Quote from: njee20 on December 31, 2016, 09:18:57 PM
One wonders why he chose winter for such an endeavour really.

Does he ever think of the whys and wherefores ?
He just seems to go for it.
Like the pedal cycle airship across the channel.  With the wind against him he was never getting across the shoreline, let alone France but he just kept pedaling and trying. He had to be told to stop. What a Guy he is (litterally  :D).

Steve
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations