Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

nice hst power car pic captain

paul - do you have an hst power car you are going to fit with buffers and paint yellow at the end?

nice bargain steamers and 58 as well!

tim

Ollie3440

A few new items for me today. First is a Bargain Farish Class 101 which I got in the sale at work, £74.50 well spent :D

And I've bought yet another MK1, this time the new RU in BR Maroon

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Sprintex

Quote from: captainelectra on March 22, 2013, 09:52:28 PM
Quotewhat is on the rear?  an hst power car?....

Correct - one of the buffer-fitted power cars used for the 91s before the Mk4s arrived.

Thanks for posting that Adam, muchly helpful :thumbsup:

Yep that's what I'm hoping to recreate, and no Tim I don't have the power-car . . . yet ;)

Talking of acquiring things, Adam am I correct in thinking you do the vinyls and pantograph-well template for the Lab car and is there a specific type of MK1 coach I need to convert? (complete know-nothing when i comes to MK1s, sorry  :worried: )

Paul

Bealman

Hi there, 508111! I have never seen one of those shunter conflats before - can you tell me what sort of time period we are looking at, please? I'm assuming post 1960's?

And hi to you, too, Dave - for a bloke who was once thinking of changing scales and even giving up on it altogether, if I recall, you sure are buying lots of stuff! Good to see! Geez that GP tank is old - got the really old couplings on it! I have one of them and mine still runs ok too. I also have a couple of locos that run better backwards than forwards, so if you get any info about that, pass it on, please!

Cheers  :beers: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Adam1701D

I think you want test coach "Prometheus"...

and not this "Prometheus"

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

longbridge

Quote from: bealman on March 23, 2013, 09:19:08 PM
Hi there, 508111! I have never seen one of those shunter conflats before - can you tell me what sort of time period we are looking at, please? I'm assuming post 1960's?

And hi to you, too, Dave - for a bloke who was once thinking of changing scales and even giving up on it altogether, if I recall, you sure are buying lots of stuff! Good to see! Geez that GP tank is old - got the really old couplings on it! I have one of them and mine still runs ok too. I also have a couple of locos that run better backwards than forwards, so if you get any info about that, pass it on, please!

Cheers  :beers: George

Will do George, if I don't I will be quite happy to run it in reverse after all thats how they ran some of the time  :D :D :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Yeah, I also like running tank locos backwards - anyway didn't drivers prefer that 'cos they got a better view, or is that a myth?

Quote from: bealman on March 23, 2013, 09:19:08 PM

Yes. I'd expect it to run with an 03 in BR blue, from the introduction of TOPS to about 1988. They were added to the 03s to make the engine longer, in effect, for signalling purposes. There's a couple of examples here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerman20/galleries/72157627707178543

Bealman

Thanks for the quick and very informative reply, 508111! Great set of atmospheric pix. Brings back memories of the scene just before I exited stage left to Oz. Interesting but clever concept of making the little critter longer. Nice of Farish too, to put it out in that livery.

Cheers!  :beers: George

longbridge

Quote from: bealman on March 23, 2013, 09:41:42 PM
Yeah, I also like running tank locos backwards - anyway didn't drivers prefer that 'cos they got a better view, or is that a myth?

George one of the other forum members GrahamB suggested sliding the worm gear on the motor shaft  just a wee bit enables the gear to mesh properly, I used a tiny screwdriver to lever the worm gear back towards the armature, reassembled the loco and the problem was solved.

Its nice to know there are forum members clued up enough to help old bugs like me so just passing it on, hope it works for you.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Thanks Dave, and thanks GrahamB! Once again, shows the power of this site. Great stuff! Will give it a try. Actually that might work on some of my larger locos that have carked it, too.

Thanks, fellows!  :thumbsup:

longbridge

Quote from: bealman on March 23, 2013, 11:52:54 PM
Thanks Dave, and thanks GrahamB! Once again, shows the power of this site. Great stuff! Will give it a try. Actually that might work on some of my larger locos that have carked it, too.

Thanks, fellows!  :thumbsup:

George Said
Actually that might work on some of my larger locos that have carked it, too.

Crikey George that sounds scary if I have a load of locos kick the bucket I may have to get my Axe and Chainsaw out again, great way to start in OO Gauge.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Yeah but they've been sitting in drawers for a long time. Many of them were seized before I mothballed them, and I'm sorry to say, I blame exhibition running for a lot of it. They ran at quite a few exhibitions in the early 90's.

Chetcombe

I assume 'carked' is some sort of noveau antipodean expression for 'seriously compromised'... If so, it is a new one on me! If so, I have a few locos myself that are well and truly 'carped'
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

longbridge

Quote from: Chetcombe on March 24, 2013, 05:29:52 AM

I assume 'carked' is some sort of noveau antipodean expression for 'seriously compromised'... If so, it is a new one on me! If so, I have a few locos myself that are well and truly 'carped'

:D Yes Mike a bit of Aussie slang that us exPat Britishers picked up from the locals, I think 'seriously compromised'.is a nice  way of putting it, most Aussies have another way of putting it that we cant mention here  :no: ;)
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations