DJ Models class 17 Clayton

Started by Dalek, February 03, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJM Dave

Quote from: Dalek on February 05, 2018, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: DJM Dave on February 05, 2018, 10:11:52 AM
i'm please to say i managed to get 50 modellers to say 'yes'.

While not enough on it's own, when combined with the finances i have available i'm within 15 customers (so roughly £2000.00 +/-) saying yes to go ahead with both the model , and the box (yes the box needs tooling as well)

Once this is done, the models go into production, scheduled to take a month, then 6 weeks to get here and be distributed.

So i'm aiming at the loco release at or before the TINGS N gauge show in October 2018

@DJM Dave so are you within 15 loco's of kicking this off or 15 multiple orders ?

If your target is met and it's a goer i will come and pick mine up at TINGS, 700 mile round trip btw. Once you confirm the above and i pay you, which i will this morning if you can confirm.

Craig

Hi Craig,

The more the merrier obviously, but yes 14 now (thanks Robert) individual locomotives.

Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Dalek

Quote from: DJM Dave on February 05, 2018, 12:03:31 PM
Quote from: Dalek on February 05, 2018, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: DJM Dave on February 05, 2018, 10:11:52 AM
i'm please to say i managed to get 50 modellers to say 'yes'.

While not enough on it's own, when combined with the finances i have available i'm within 15 customers (so roughly £2000.00 +/-) saying yes to go ahead with both the model , and the box (yes the box needs tooling as well)

Once this is done, the models go into production, scheduled to take a month, then 6 weeks to get here and be distributed.

So i'm aiming at the loco release at or before the TINGS N gauge show in October 2018

@DJM Dave so are you within 15 loco's of kicking this off or 15 multiple orders ?

If your target is met and it's a goer i will come and pick mine up at TINGS, 700 mile round trip btw. Once you confirm the above and i pay you, which i will this morning if you can confirm.

Craig

Hi Craig,

The more the merrier obviously, but yes 14 now (thanks Robert) individual locomotives.

Cheers
Dave

That number will reduce in a moment, I'm going to send you an email @DJM Dave
Might we worth just continuing the countdown till the target is met, at least them we have some comfort knowing how far away the goal is ?

Craig

Steven B

@DJM Dave , do you have any more videos of the class 17 in action. The one you have posted shows it running at quite hight speed, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see how well it runs at slower speeds.

Seeing more of the model in action may help persuade a few more of the doubters to pay up front.

Steven B.

trkilliman

The DJM King class crowdfunder is something I expressed an interest in from the start, and I still want 2  of them.

I think it is healthy for us to have DJM alongside Bachmann and Dapol. I along with others have put faith in him to deliever. I haven't parted with any money merely expressed an interest. There will be stage payments to be made once the model is progressing. DJM has spent the money so far on the King project.

His future as a producer will depend on delivering a quality product in a fair and square manner. If he were to fail to do so he will be crucified in this internet/forum led World we now live in. 

Bachmann have some extensive time spans between announcing a model at it appearing. When it does appear it can be considerably higher in cost than the annoument price. I also have misgivings about the need for the level of their price increases.

If you were to compare DJM to Bachmann it's like David and Goliath, yet DJM pro-rata seems to get a heck of a lot more flack than the massive Bachmann/Kadar organisation.

If your mind is made up about DJM then that's it, it's made.  Personally I think he should be cut some slack and lets see what he comes up with. He's a one man band, not a multi national with eyewatering funds to invest.

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

Down to 3 customers required to go to 2nd ep tooling and production needed now.

I was going to do a countdown but orders overtook my ability to respond.

If your thinking of doing, but haven't or won't when it reaches what's needed, I would say 'dont' as a small slush fund for just in case is always welcome.

Cheers
Dave

Snowwolflair

robert shrives

Hi ,
Just to say you will see " thanks Robert" on the post from Dave at 12.01 today .
I have gifted the £100 owed from the Tamper story to the 17 fund.

This draws a line under the non supply of the tamper and  hopefully pushes it - as most of the claytons seem to have been at one time or another, nearer the shed!

Dave if you get "overfund" then the Shark could do with letting free on the layout as well
Robert     

Mark

Crikey, things have moved on rapidly here today.

@Maurits71 - apologies if I offended you. I wasn't looking for you to play devil's advocate or provide legal evidence, simply to justify or back up your original comment. I'm relatively new to the hobby and as such am much less knowledgeable and experienced than many regular contributors - I couldn't possibly know about events which happened many years ago.  I'm a big fan of this forum and visit frequently, but being completely non-partisan I do find some of the usubstantiated vitriol that periodically gets hurled at Dave Jones (and Dapol for that matter) tiresome, uneccessary and a poor reflection on what is an otherwise highly informative, friendly and enjoyable forum.   

@DJM Dave - thanks for taking the time to provide such a full and open update and also comment on matters long past. Hopefully that will go some way to minimising any future negativity.   Delighted to read the 17 has had a good boost and is almost at the green light stage. Good luck.

Mark

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to say that the class 17 has reached its total required and slightly surpassed it, this evening.

This means it can go into 2nd ep tooling once CNY is over, and I can also start getting painted samples done, including the Mercia weathered master.

It also means that the clear plastic locomotive box will also get tooled at the same time.
For those interested in these things, it's going to be the same size as the box used by Tomix for their locomotives with plenty of space for anything from a 47 to a 4-6-2 Pacific locomotive, so a jack of all trades box really.
There is also plenty of reserve space for accessory bags, spare wheels where the loco such as the 17 is fitted with traction tyres, instructions etc.
The box will then be covered , like the Farish boxes, in a printed card sleeve in DJM branded colours.

Many thanks to all who said yes, and if your still considering, or want to order afresh, please do so, as every little counts, and you will get your model and help me get a 'leg up' earlier that I had originally considered possible if it wasn't for your understanding.

Cheers
Dave

Portpatrick

Great news Dave.  As one of the 50+ I await the invoice.
Colin

xm607

Does it count if you have ordered through a dealership?
Steve.

Dalek

Quote from: xm607 on February 05, 2018, 11:25:54 PM
Does it count if you have ordered through a dealership?
Steve.

No this is for models direct from DJM, mentioned somewhere else on this thread.

Dalek

Glad i asked now and dared to poke the bear  :angel: :)

Craig

trkilliman

DJM,

Really great news that you have passed the line, even better if further orders come through.

I'm pretty firmly into steam and have expressed an interest/desire for two King class. However, IMO the success of all/current DJMs projects will undoubtedly impact on future ones.

The model you would like could potentially be somewhere down the DJM line...

Dalek

Baby Deltics will hopefully happen now after the Claytons ?   :thumbsup:
Maybe next year for them @DJM Dave  ?  :D

Craig

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations