Posting Photos & Videos

Started by Steamie+, January 03, 2017, 08:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

:hellosign: I am new to your site and to modelling. I am struggling to get photo's up, even though i have done it , but not like most other members. I have been asked to post a video by a member and i tried to do it by clicking the (+ Attachments and other options) but now the screen has gone blank and it has froze. i have got back on the site by going into anther tab. I am on Safari with Macbook Pro so it usually is't a problem. I do have the video on You Tube but i would rather not use a 3rd party site to put it up. Any help on this and the photos would been really appreciated. 

:thankyousign:

austinbob

Quote from: Steamie+ on January 03, 2017, 08:57:09 AM
:hellosign: I am new to your site and to modelling. I am struggling to get photo's up, even though i have done it , but not like most other members. I have been asked to post a video by a member and i tried to do it by clicking the (+ Attachments and other options) but now the screen has gone blank and it has froze. i have got back on the site by going into anther tab. I am on Safari with Macbook Pro so it usually is't a problem. I do have the video on You Tube but i would rather not use a 3rd party site to put it up. Any help on this and the photos would been really appreciated. 

:thankyousign:
I don't know if the information posted by Tank in the middle of 2016 is still valid http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=33436.0 but this indicates that you can't post videos direct and have to use something like Utube.
I'm sure Tank will put you right if the information in the link is out of date now.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

The expert @Only Me should be back from leave now so hopefully he can help

Newportnobby

Failing that you can  have 2GB free space at Dropbox. Upload your vid to them and then copy a link to this forum. It's very easy (which is why I can do it). I find Dropbox easier and more user friendly than Photobucket.

Steamie+

:thankyousign: to all who have sent me replies, I will do has instructed.    :thumbsup:

Dorsetmike

I just tried to include some photos from my gallery (Dorsetmikespix) on the forum, tried using both the BB code and the direct link, alsol when
I clicked on a thumbnail it did not give me the full size image in the gallery, just the image title

EXAMPLE, I was trying to post this one

In preview and post I just got a short vertical line, clicking it got the rotating "loading"  icon
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

Just done some further checks, the images I was trying to display were on page 7 of my gallery, some of he images on that page display OK but others do not; the ones which do not work are from "dio4"  to "sharky", the thumbnails are OK but the full size images don't  and the links  are corrupted; they were originally uploaded in 2014, I've checked other pages randomly and not found any other errors.

What puzzles me is that the thumbnails display OK yet the full image and links do not.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations