RIP Rick Parfitt

Started by port perran, December 24, 2016, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

Wot a crappy year its been with all these big celebrity names "kicking the bucket", GOD! ins't it bl00dy depressing.

Many years ago a life insurance guy trying to sell me assurance said " Life is like standing in a long queue at a bus stop waiting for that bus to come along, at the moment your young so the queue is very long, you stretch up to try and focus where the bus stop actually is but the queue is so long and you cannot see it. However each bus that comes by and stops, more people get on the bus the queue shortens every time and shuffles up, without realising it you are getting closer and closer to that bus stop until one day you suddenly see it!"

An Amazing description how life is so short, but very much to the point how life can pass by and take you by surprise, so live each day as your last.... I bet Rick did!

RIP Rick

Steve.T

Quote from: Mr Sprue on December 24, 2016, 10:27:59 PM
" Life is like standing in a long queue at a bus stop waiting for that bus to come along, at the moment your young so the queue is very long, you stretch up to try and focus where the bus stop actually is but the queue is so long and you cannot see it. However each bus that comes by and stops, more people get on the bus the queue shortens every time and shuffles up, without realizing it you are getting closer and closer to that bus stop until one day you suddenly see it!"

God that's cheered me up no end.
I think I'll start getting the train. There always bloody late.

Seriously your right and life is to be enjoyed however long it is so a very merry Christmas to everyone - make it a good one if you can.
:headbang: :headbang: :food:

Steve
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Steve.T on December 25, 2016, 09:24:52 AM

Seriously your right and life is to be enjoyed however long it is so a very merry Christmas to everyone - make it a good one if you can.
:headbang: :headbang: :food:

Steve

:beers:

Malc

A sad loss. I cut my guitar teeth on Quo songs.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations